Santa Fe, New Mexico (PRWEB) November 19, 2012
Birthdays are meant for celebrating and being born. Celebrating Beethoven’s birthday is no exception and this is why the Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra and Chorus is stepping up to the plate this holiday season in Santa Fe from 4-7 p.m. at The Lensic and serving up a concert to celebrate Beethoven, the great composer and the amazing music he composed. Three award-winning soloists have created one of the most exciting piano trios performing today! The highly acclaimed Weiss-Kaplan-Newman Trio, featuring pianist Yael Weiss, violinist Mark Kaplan, and cellist Clancy Newman, join The Symphony to celebrate the most beloved and legendary composer’s Birthday. Enjoy Beethoven’s Incidental Music to Egmont Overture and his majestic masterpiece…Symphony No. 7. This event is featured on the SantaFe.com event calendar.
Purchase Tickets Online or by phone at 505-988-1234 Admission: $20-$70
About The Lensic:
The Lensic Performing Arts Center opened as a nonprofit in 2001 following the restoration of the Lensic Theater, a cornerstone of downtown Santa Fe since 1931.
- Serves as a national model for a sustainable arts center—with its focus on performance, education and community programs.
- Presents over 200 eclectic performances year-round, at affordable prices, delivering outstanding local, national and international talent.
- Enriches public education by bringing more than 10,000 school children to the theater annually to see free performances of music, storytelling and dance.
- Subsidizes local arts organizations, like the Santa Fe Concert Association, Santa Fe Symphony and Santa Fe Pro Musica by covering half of the rental fee for each group that uses the theater.
- Offers its facilities to local nonprofits for free, or at a nominal cost, helping more than 160 organizations raise $1.7 million over 10 years.
- Delivers best-in-class technical support capable of serving world-class organizations from traveling Broadway shows to the Moscow Ballet.
- Sponsors a technical internship and scholarship program to train Northern New Mexico high school students in theatrical arts.
- Serves as a home to the nonprofit Tickets Santa Fe, a community box office serving more than 35 organizations and venues.
SantaFe.com provides locals and visitors to Santa Fe alike the most current interactive platform for events, music, arts, business, dining and lifestyle. SantaFe.com is a division of Hutton Broadcasting, located at 2502 C. Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87507
SantaFe.com / Hutton Broadcasting
(505) 471-1067 (Media inquiries only, please)