Austin, TX (PRWEB) November 20, 2012
Cinsay shares 6 key shopping tips for consumers to use this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. With the explosion of online and mobile shopping, consumers need to be careful and aware when placing online orders. This holiday season will be even bigger for mobile shopping as eMarketer is predicting an increase from 15% to 28% for Smartphone and tablet shoppers. Additionally, Credit Donkey reports that 57% of US shoppers said they would take to the web on Cyber Monday. So, to protect yourself and maximize your shopping experience, make sure to incorporate these ideas when shopping.
1. Make a List – This suggestion may sound simple enough, but a shopping list will keep you on budget and keep you from buying needless items just because of deep discounts or limited quantity. Remember, one of the most returned post-Christmas gifts are items purchased on impulse during a shopping frenzy.
2. Use Social Media – Before jumping in for the big purchase, visit your store’s Facebook and Twitter pages to like and follow. Some merchants will share and reward ‘secret’ links and deals to their fan base as an incentive to follow them!
3. Compare before you buy – Before you even pull out your credit card, do some search and research for the gifts you’re considering to purchase. Read product review sites to narrow your decisions. Save your selected ecommerce pages as bookmarks when you find something you like. Once the big shopping day rolls around, just revisit your bookmark list and get busy shopping!
4. Shop Smart – Some of the most basic ways to protect your credit cards and identity includes staying clear of the most used online trick; bogus email links. Scammers will often make it look like a promotional email is sent from your favorite store only to have the credit card info page point to a bogus site. Use your mouse and hover to reveal what the actual link is and check the URL in your browser to see where the click has taken you. Credit cards are the best way to purchase online. Never use checking account info and stay away from using your debit card whenever possible. Visa, American Express and MasterCard have built in fraud protection in case of any fraudulent behavior from a third party.
5. Read the Fine Print – Many special offers may contain rules, limited selection, a ‘no returns’ policy or other details you need to know in advance of purchasing. Is the store out of a certain item you just bought? Make sure they can’t switch it out with a lower priced item or an older model.
6. Free Shipping and Discount Codes – On top of any special offers merchants are pushing, search for free shipping offers and look for discount codes in advance of your purchase. Search Google for ‘cyber Monday discount codes’ or your favorite store for additional discounts which can save you as much as 30% extra. If you need to register for your purchase, register your account in advance and you may get a surprise welcome email with a first purchase discount!
This year, shopping online will offer more choices than ever before. So choose wisely and carefully. Cinsay is a PCI compliant, safe shopping destination dedicated to bringing eCommerce to everyone, everywhere! Check out our growing list of video enabled Smart Stores at MyCinsay.com where many of our stores welcome PayPal. Shop for music, art, apparel, collectibles, jewelry, accessories, unique gifts, personal services and much, much more! Some Smart Store examples include: Stephanie’s Gift Boxes,Organo Gold Coffee, Yaz Jewelry and Katy Beal Smartphone Cases
Our Smart Store merchants are enjoying conversion rates as high as 7% for actions taken inside the video! And you can launch your own 30-day Smart Store trial and be up and running in minutes! Simply visit Cinsay.com or CinsayOnDemand.com to get started today!
About Cinsay, Inc.
Cinsay has created a next generation social eCommerce, viewer interactive, video-based platform for any individual or size businesses. Cinsay’s SaaS based technology enables everyone to sell products, services, capture donations, and generate leads all inside the patented Smart Store™ technology. Additional services available to individuals, SOHO’s, enterprises and nonprofits, are Cinsay’s complete turnkey business solution via exclusive on demand, made to order merchandise featuring hundreds of personal, brandable products like t-shirts, caps, mugs and iPhone covers available at CinsayOnDemand.com. Now, anyone can be in business within minutes with no inventory whatsoever. Merchants benefit from Cinsay’s in-depth reporting tools and real-time statistical data. Cinsay’s embeddable platform is compatible with web and mobile devices and is highly scalable via its enterprise-level hosting and distribution networks. Full video production is available through CinsayProductions.com. Cinsay aggregates and promotes merchant stores via its searchable consumer portal, MyCinsay.com. Notable clients include: GameFly, Neiman Marcus, Wet Seal, decompras, and California Closets. Forbes has named Cinsay as one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” and by eTail Conferences as a “Rising Star” in innovation for 2012.