Orange Beach, AL (PRWEB) November 21, 2012
Columbia Southern University (CSU) will conduct a workshop on how businesses can examine and improve internal and external customer service on Nov. 29 at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Orange Beach, Ala.
This one-day workshop, which is open to all community members, will feature experts in several areas of customer service such as social media, governmental and corporate environments, business-to-public, retail and best practices in general. Tickets are $25, which includes breakfast and lunch, with registration at 7 a.m.
Among the speakers will be noted musician and customer service advocate Dave Carroll of the “United Breaks Guitars” video and book. Carroll will share how his encounter with a major corporation lead to a media frenzy and impacted the music industry, customer service and social media.
Other speakers include:
- Amy Elliott, instructor at Faulkner State Community College
- Ken Glantz, executive director of the National Domestic Preparedness Coalition
- Chad Kirtland, chief operations officer at Compass Media
- Barry Hughes, supervisor at Chick-Fil-A, (Foley, Ala.)
- Joni Blalock, director of Corporate Outreach at Columbia Southern University
- Alan V. Brunacini, retired fire chief and leader of Alan Brunacini Fire-Rescue Leadership Institute
- Billy D. Hayes, vice president of Marketing and Outreach at Columbia Southern University
Local businesses are encouraged to attend and bring questions and concerns about customer service. For more information, please contact Megan Snyder at megan.snyder(at)columbiasouthern(dot)edu or Laurie Coleman at laurie.coleman(at)columbiasouthern(dot)edu.
CSU offers online associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in various fields including criminal justice, fire science, occupational safety and health and business administration. To learn more about CSU, visit http://www.ColumbiaSouthern.edu.