Sydney, NSW (PRWEB) November 26, 2012
Outlander claimed number one spot with a 17.2 percent share of the Medium SUV under $60,000 market. This outstanding result is a substantial 100.8 percent increase over Outlander’s October 2011 result and is also an all-time monthly sales volume for the versatile SUV.
Triton 4x4 continued to be a strong performer in October with 1,145 units, a healthy 41.9 percent growth on October 2011. Combined with 336 Triton 4x2, it was the best October on record for total Triton sales.
Challenger was another stand-out performer with a record 332 units, a substantial 90.8 percent growth on October 2011.
Sales of the legendary Pajero were solid with 441 units while the city-sized ASX continued to be a robust performer with 463 units rounding out MMAL’s outstanding total SUV result of 2,778 units. This represents strong growth of 37 percent for total SUVs against October 2011.
MMAL CEO Mutsuhiro Oshikiri said MMAL has recorded strong sales in the past few months and is looking to consolidate on these results to finish 2012 in a strong position.
“MMAL is focused on long-term steady growth and we are confident we can achieve this particularly with the introduction of the next-generation Outlander later this month and the all-new Mirage in January,” Oshikiri said.
According to official VFACTS figures, MMAL have sold 49,778 vehicles year-to-date, resulting in a 5.4 percent total market share.
October Sales Highlights
- MMAL’s best-ever October volume as an importer with sales of 5,334, an increase of 4.2 percent over October 2011.
- Outlander was October’s number one selling Medium SUV with 1,524 units.
- Sales of 332 Challengers, an all-time record monthly result.
- ASX recorded a solid 463 units contributing to the strong SUV segment result.
- October numbers for Triton totalled 1,481 across 4x2 and 4x4 models which resulted in an all-time record October.