"This assessment forms the basis for a marketing roadmap to help organizations get to the next level,” Jim Dellavilla, EVP SIGMA Marketng Group
Rochester, NY (PRWEB) November 28, 2012
SIGMA Marketing Group, the customer intelligence-driven, direct and digital marketing services firm, is now offering marketers a proven methodology to assess the capacity and maturity of an affinity marketing organization.
“Based on over 25 years of direct marketing services experience in working with clients in affinity and non-affinity organizations, this assessment forms the basis for a marketing roadmap to help organizations get to the next level,” said Jim Dellavilla, EVP of SIGMA Marketing Group. “These assessments have allowed us to develop a four-stage scorecard for each of six performance categories.”
The Affinity Marketing Maturity Assessment examines the following six performance categories. Beneath each category are characteristics that exemplify the initial and higher level maturity stages.
1. Partner Lead Generation – This category evaluates the processes, tools and performance of lead generation efforts from target identification to campaigns for lead generation.
- Initial: Very little marketing support for lead generation
- Higher: Partner prospects are value-tiered, best prospects are nurtured
2. Member Campaign Targeting and Measurement – Addressing the member campaigns the processes used and the results they achieve.
- Initial: All partner members are targeted
- Higher: Analytics are used to target best affinity members, not all affinity members re contacted
3. Data Management – Due to the complicated nature of managing and effectively using member data files for campaign targeting, great efficiencies or complications can result based on the processes and tools deployed.
- Initial: Ad hoc file received, minimal integration of member files
- Higher: Affinity, customer and third party data are integrated. Data hygiene effectively deployed.
4. Messaging – Focuses on the communications that are being deployed, the channels used, the segmentation developed and the level of customization used to meet the affinity partner’s needs.
- Initial: Direct mail-only campaigns, universal messaging across all affinity organizations
- Higher: Personalized, multi-segment and multi-channel messaging
5. Campaign Management – What tools and processes are used to manage the campaigns and data associated with them?
- Initial: Each affinity campaign deployment treated as a separate campaign
- Higher: Campaigns across affinities integrated, communication assets and target DB supported by enterprise campaign management tools
6. Services to Affinity Partners – Examines how easy it is for the affinity to work with you and what value-add services you are providing to your affinity partners.
- Initial: Significant manual effort to organize and manage member file transfers, campaign approvals and reporting
- Higher: Affinity service Web portal and many affinity value-added services provided
SIGMA compares results with similar organizations, then scores and places the organization into one of four maturity levels in each of the six categories.
Assessments are delivered with detailed discussions about potential improvement areas, which help to identify the importance of any performance gaps, and begin to quantify the gains that can be realized in reaching the next performance stage. The assessment output provides tangible, actionable insights for affinity marketers and is used as a roadmap for process & budgetary planning.
Learn more about SIGMA Marketing’s Affinity Solutions at http://www.sigmamarketing.com
About SIGMA Marketing Group
SIGMA Marketing helps clients like Citizen Bank, Xerox and AAA engage with their customers through Analytics + Strategy + Technology. We turn data into customer intelligence and innovative marketing solutions -- online and offline -- with direct and digital solutions that focus on multichannel marketing strategies, data and technology integration, web analytics and sales enablement. SIGMA builds long term customer relationships and drives Marketing ROI. Visit us at http://www.sigmamarketing.com and at our Fifth Gear Analytics blog: http://fifthgearanalytics.com.