Use cash machines (ATM) during the daytime where the area may be more crowded,
Kent, UK (PRWEB UK) 27 November 2012
Simply putting into practice a few of the suggestions by Luggage Superstore can help the next holiday to be a safe and enjoyable one because travelling is massively rewarding but so much better when safe.
- While at the airport, keep on the alert for always knowing your bags, laptops, phones, wallet etc. are, keeping them close at all time..
- Avoid changing money at the airport. This is one of the easiest places for thieves to spot this happening and possibly follow you.
- Be aware of those who pickpocket. The simple accidental bumps may mean someone is attempting to lift your wallet or other possession.
- Keep a copy of your passport and ticket etc away from the originals. Email yourself copies to be able to access it if needed to. This can be done at an internet cafe.
- If staying in a hotel. Lock your belongings away in a safe room or deposit box. Remove them from vehicles or near the poolside.
- Keep the door of your accomodation room on dead bolt if it has been installed-the safety implement is there to use.
- Do not display large amount of cash and keep any cash in a money pouch fitted snugly under clothing.
- Avoid going sightseeing on your own. Try to travel with a friend if this is the main purpose of the visit.
- Avoid walking the streets in the dark, especially alone.
- Try to blend in with locals by wearing similar clothing. Choosing to wear loud clothing that gives it away that you’re a tourist is unwise.
- If uncertain of the geography of places, do not look the part of a “lost tourist”-try to walk with a purpose and discretely ask for directions at libraries or restaurants etc.
- Keep the number of your country’s embassy stored on your phone and on a separate “contacts” book.
- Keep a “dummy” wallet with a little cash in it. If you should be mugged, hand this over-with out a fight or struggle- it is never worth it in comparison to personal injury or life.
- Use cash machines (ATM) during the daytime where the area may be more crowded, rather than at night where the darkness gives coverage for waiting thieves.
Unwary tourists can become easy targets for thieving predators. Remember crimes of this kind are a career for many thieves. They can spot a tourist from a distance, so practice safety and take precautions always. There are many ways to keep safe but using basic common sense will make the next holiday a safe and memorable one.
If you like our posting, just drop us a line as we would love to hear from you.
Luggage Superstore’s established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.