Celebrity Chefs and Events Announced for the 2013 St. Croix Food & Wine Experience
From Wine Dinners to Cooking Classes celebrity chefs including Josef DeSimone, Paula DaSilva, Todd Gray, Mike Lata and Simon Stojanovic will participate in 2013 St. Croix Food & Wine Experience to help raise funds for Non-Profit Community Programs, April 14-20, 2013.
St. Croix, US Virgin Islands (PRWEB) November 28, 2012
The annual St. Croix Food & Wine Experience has announced its line-up for the 2013 series of fund-raising events. Decadent and dynamic events hosted by celebrated chefs and renowned wine makers will occur April 14-20, 2013 on the Caribbean island of St. Croix. Funds raised support educational, community and economic development programs of the St. Croix Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3).
Celebrity chefs will participate in the following 2013 St. Croix Food & Wine Experience events:
Gourmet Vintner Dinner at Tutto Bene prepared by Chef Todd Gray of Equinox (Washington, DC). Gray, who has teamed with the White House to help advance their Healthy Kids Initiative, has earned five nominations for the prestigious Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic award from the James Beard Foundation. (Tuesday April 16, 2013 / $250 pp)
- The annual Food Fight, held at eat@canebay, will feature Chef Josef DeSimone – the Culinary Director at the corporate campus for Facebook, Chef Paula DaSilva of 1500° in Miami and Chef Simon Stojanovic of Altamare and Tikl in Miami, competing with three island chefs in a hilarious series of challenges that has had past competitors swimming in the ocean, cracking conch and answering tricky questions like “What cut of meat did Lady Gaga wear?” (Wednesday April 17, 2013 / $75 pp)
- The 13th annual Taste of St. Croix, features more than 50 local restaurants, over 20 wineries and 100’s of wines as well as rums, beer and more. Live entertainment and a culinary competition with dishes judged by celebrity chefs, VIPs and special guests. (Thursday April 18, 2013 / $95pp)
- Cork & Fork Dinners - Hosted in stunning private homes and historic sites each Cork & Fork dinner pairs a celebrity chef with a renowned winemaker. The 2013 Cork & Fork guest chefs include Chef Mike Lata, Executive Chef and owner of Fig in Charleston, and Chef Paula DaSilva, Executive Chef at 1500° at the Eden Roc Resort in Miami, FL. In addition to earning him the James Beard Foundation Best Chef: Southeast award, Chef Mike Lata’s food, philosophy, and contributions to the Charleston community have earned him recognition on national platform. Chef Paula DaSilva, a semifinalist for the James Beard Foundation Best Chef: South award was on Hell’s Kitchen and worked with Dean Max’s 3030 Ocean for a decade, and has received numerous accolades from newspapers and national publications for her culinary skills. (Friday April 19, $1000 pp)
- Sunset BBQ features Chef Josef DeSimone, the Culinary Director for corporate offices of Facebook and two supporting Facebook chefs along with Chef Simon Stojanovic, Executive Chef and owner of Tickl and Altamare, both located in Miami, Fl. The guest chefs team with culinary students from the St. Croix Educational Complex to show off their grilling and culinary talents. With multiple bars, grills and room to roam and dance, attendees also meet celebrity chefs and enjoy beautiful views and tropical breezes. (Friday April 19, 2013 / $50 adult, $25 child)
Additional fabulous fund-raising events during the week of the St. Croix Food & Wine Experience include:
- Cuisine on the Green Golf Tournament - Experience the Carambola Golf Course with culinary bites and cocktail samples at select tees. Golfers and non-golfers delight in this entertaining game of golf. (Sunday April 14, 2013 / $200 per golfer/$75 per Taster)
- City Crawl - Enjoy specialty beverages and food samplings from participating restaurants and bars as you stroll along the streets of historic Christiansted town. (Tuesday April 16, 2013 / $100 pp)
- Food & Wine Symposium – Held at the Palms at Pelican Cove, features education based wine tastings from celebrated wine makers and sommeliers. (Wednesday April 17, 2013 / $25 pp)
- The Galleon Wine Dinner – St. Croix Chef Kenneth Biggs works with local farmers to create a stellar menu featuring Banfi wines. (Wednesday April 17, 2013 7 pm / $150 pp)
- Kids Cooking Class - Celebrity and local chefs including the Crucian Contessa, offer simple and fun cooking classes for children ages 6-12 years old. Sponsored by Innovative. (Saturday April 20, 2013 / $25 per child)
- Wine in the Warehouse - Saturday night brings everyone together for wine tastings with winemakers, cocktail samplings, small bites and music. The one-night transformation of the warehouse is a beautiful and surprising experience. Sponsored by Leeward Management. (Saturday April 20, 2013 / $100 pp)
Tickets to all events are available now through Patron Packages and Sponsorship Partnerships. Individual tickets to most events are on sale now and can be purchased at http://www.stcroixfoodandwine.com. The multi-day event includes gourmet dinners, wine seminars, wine auctions, and the annual culinary competition, A Taste of St. Croix. Details are available at http://www.StCroixFoodandWine.com. To keep posted on events, ticket sales and news, follow the updates on http://www.facebook.com/STCROIXFoodandWineExperience.
About the St. Croix Food & Wine Experience
The St. Croix Food & Wine Experience, named one of the Ten Best International Food and Wine Festivals by Forbes Travel, showcases the diverse cuisine and wine available on St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. The multi-day event benefits the St. Croix Foundation (http://www.stxfoundation.org), a non-profit community foundation that directs resources toward high impact initiatives in the areas of public education reform, public safety and island beautification. The event was started in 2001 by restaurant owners Katherine Pugliese of Eat@CaneBay, and Kelly Odom of Tutto Bene, and is recognized as the preeminent food and wine event in the Caribbean. For more information visit stcroixfoodandwine.com or tasteofstcroix.com.