Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 27, 2012
FierceGovernment (http://www.fiercegovernment.com/) today announced its first annual "Fierce 15" list of the top federal employees. FierceGovernment conducted interviews with government officials and industry to identify some of the most innovative projects and forward-thinking people working in government. From that pool, editors collaboratively selected this year's Fierce 15.
"The Fierce 15 allows us to highlight people from a variety of fields that are often overlooked--such as open government, collaboration, training and workforce development, and science," said David Perera, Executive Editor of FierceMarkets' Government Group.
An internationally recognized e-newsletter publishing four times a week and reaching more than 13,300 Federal employees, FierceGovernment provides subscribers with a quick authoritative briefing on the latest technological developments in the U.S. government, with a special focus on developments in cybersecurity, Gov 2.0, and cloud computing. Sign up is free at http://www.fiercegovernment.com/signup.
The "Fierce 15" champions innovation and creativity. The 2012 Fierce 15 winners are:
1. Richard Boly, Director, office of eDiplomacy, State Department
2. Bureau of Land Management's Renewable Energy Program, Interior Department
3. Kathryn Catania, Plain Language and Content Management Division Chief, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
4. ESnet5 Deployment Team, Energy Department
5. Michelle Fox, Chief Strategist of Education and Workforce Development, Energy Department
6. Dan Gordon, former Administrator, Office of Federal Procurement Policy
7. Jenn Gustetic, Head of Prizes/Challenges, NASA
8. Justin Herman, Social Media Lead, General Services Administration
9. Launch Team
10. Adam McWilliams, Acting Director, E-Rulemaking Program, Environmental Protection Agency
11. Chris Musialek, former Chief Software Architect for Data.gov, General Services Administration
12. Mamta Patel Nagaraja, Program Manager of Women@NASA, NASA
13. Kerry O'Connor, Program Manager of the Sounding Board, State Department
14. Sophie Raseman, Director for Smart Disclosure, Treasury Department
15. Mary Volz-Peacock, Chief of Quality Assurance, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of Personnel Management
You can read more about each of the winners in a special feature in today’s issue of FierceGoverment: http://www.fiercegovernment.com/special-reports/fiercegovernments-fierce-15.