Lung cancer causes more deaths than the next three most common cancer combined (colon, breast and prostate).
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) November 28, 2012
NV insurance agency, American Best Agency, recognizes the month of November as National Lung Cancer Awareness Month and encourages residents of Nevada to do the same. Back in 1995, Americans only celebrated lung cancer awareness on a single day, but this is no longer the case. With lung cancer becoming the most common kind of cancer, awareness has continued to grow. Now is the time for communities to come together and take a stand against this disease.
“Lung cancer causes more deaths than the next three most common cancer combined (colon, breast and prostate). An estimated 160,340 Americans were expected to die from lung cancer in 2012, accounting for approximately 28% of all cancer deaths,” according to the American Lung Association.
American Best Agency is ready to take a stand along with the rest of the state of Nevada. In light of the month, it’s providing health tips that may aid in lung cancer prevention.
- Do not take up smoking. Those who still smoke put themselves at a much higher risk for lung cancer than any other individual. Besides putting themselves at risk, smokers also put those around them in danger, too. Secondhand smoke can be just as deadly.
- Avoid medical radiation if possible. While it may be essential in some cases, medical radiation (especially in the chest area) is a contributing factor to the increase in lung cancer. Individuals should speak with a doctor about these concerns before going through with the procedure.
- Individuals must incorporate a large portion of fruits and vegetables in their diet to reap the benefits of natural vitamins and nutrients.
- Homeowners should make it a priority to have their home tested for radon. High levels of radon are dangerous and may contribute to poor lung health. It is silent and odorless, so professional testing is critical.
- Protect lungs from toxic pollutants and carcinogens. This is especially important for those who work around chemicals daily. If this is the case, employees should follow safety instructions and wear the proper gear and/or face masks.
As a life and health insurance provider, American Best Agency believes that good health habits are a priority. Besides aiding in the prevention of numerous cancers and diseases, good health is also essential for affordable Nevada life insurance and health insurance premiums. The agency hopes that residents of Nevada will follow its lead and take a stand this month. Stay strong and stay healthy!
About American Best Agency:
Established in 1998, American Best Agency has quickly grown to one of the largest providers of personal and business insurance in Nevada. The agency’s professional staff is focused on providing its clients – and the local community – with the highest quality coverage products, prompt services, and competitive Nevada insurance quotes. Service, whether it is in response to an insurance claim or general question, is the most important value American Best Agency offers you. The agency works hard to build trusted relationships with its customers, striving to make you feel both comfortable with and confident in their abilities by acting as your consultant.