Out of almost 100 entrants from the US and other countries, an international panel of independent judges comprised of tablet experts has selected winners in 12 categories.
New York, NY - (PRWEB) November 27, 2012
November 27, 2012 - - Fourteen tablet apps have been named as winners of the first competition of The Tabby Awards /Business. They have been selected as the best apps for iPad, Android tablets or Windows 8 tablets having entered the competition - the very first competition for the best business and productivity tablet apps.
Out of almost 100 entrants from the US and other countries, an international panel of independent judges comprised of tablet experts has selected winners in 12 categories. Winners include well-known apps publicly available in Business and Productivity sections of app stores - like Box OneCloud, SlideShark and iAnnotate -, as well as apps which have been developed by organizations for their own employees, customers or shareholders - like the Citi Private Bank Mobile App or GE Annual Report 2011.
The Tabby Awards /Business winners are:
- In the Productivity category and in the Collaboration category: iAnnotate PDF, by Branchfire
- In the Communication category: GE Annual Report 2011, by ScrollMotion
- In the Intelligence, information and reference category: WeatherCaster, by Belo Corp. and Smashing Ideas
- In the IT or business tool category: Box OneCloud, by Box
- In the Healthcare and pharmaceutical category: Philips Allura Virtual Medical Simulation iPad App, by Dynamic Digital Advertising
- In the Education and professional training category: Splash Math Grade 3, by Studypad
- In the Finance category: Citi Private Bank Mobile App, by Citi Private Bank
- In the Retail category: CoffeeTable, by Real Valuable Corporation, and Signage, by Meiotic
- In the Sales category: Sales Mobile PRO, by Savo, and SlideShark, by Brainshark
- In the In-the-field category: Matchbox, by Matchbox
- In the Consumer products and services category: SiteTablet, by Property Solutions International
Winners for The Tabby Awards/Business have been announced today at a special ceremony during TabTimes TabletBiz conference & expo, the first event dedicated to the tablet industry, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in in New York City. The ceremony was hosted by Alan Maserek, co-founder of best-selling iPad business app QuickOffice and chair of the first Tabby Awards /Business panel of judges. Winners all received a beautiful tablet-shaped trophy.
While this first competition was dedicated to apps for business purposes, a second Tabby Awards competition, focused on tablet apps for consumers, will be announced soon.
The Tabby Awards are a production of TabTimes, the only media brand covering the tablet industry and ecosystem.
About The Tabby Awards
The Tabby Awards is the only competition acknowledging the best tablet apps worldwide. For more information, see TabbyAwards.com.
TabTimes provides information and marketing solutions to the tablet ecosystem. It publishes a business news and information website at TabTimes.com, as well as an iPad app, a Windows 8 app, a web app for tablets and several email newsletters. It also organizes the Tablet Strategy and TabletBiz conferences devoted to tablet uses by organizations. TabTimes is based in New York, with editors in the San Francisco Bay Area and in London, UK. For more information, see TabTimes.com/about.