San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) November 28, 2012
Putting the madness of Black Friday behind us, it’s time to make the season bright for travelers with tours and activities around the world that capture the spirit (and sometimes the “spirits”) of the holiday season from Viator.com. As time-honored holiday displays light up the skies and traditional Christmas markets set up their wares, Viator also showcases experiences that give the festivities a special flare like a sparkling suspension bridge crossing, Segway sojourns and a little bit of holiday-infused Karaoke. Blue Christmas anyone?
New Holiday Experiences for 2012
The team at Viator is like a group of Elves, working hard behind the scenes to give travelers access to the best things to do in destinations around the world. A selection of new holiday activities deliver private experiences, a thrilling treetop adventure and some “brew and bulbs,” delivering big on the cheer. New holiday-inspired tours for 2012 include:
- A private tour of London's Christmas lights in a traditional black taxi which visits up-market neighborhoods like Chelsea and dazzling icons like the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey.
- The Barcelona Christmas City Tour features a ‘fiesta’ spirit and includes visits to the Gothic Santa María del Mar Cathedral and the Fira de Santa Llúcia Christmas Markets.
- For the ultimate in sensory experiences, the Winter Wonderland Adventure at Vancouver's Capilano Suspension Bridge is an amazing treetop holiday trek nearly 100 feet above the ground.
- Seattle Brews and Bulbs, a spirited small group tour of the city’s breweries and best Christmas light displays, includes behind-the-barrels access and seasonal beer tasting.
- The Chicago Holiday Segway Tour glides travelers past major windy-city holiday mainstays including Daley Plaza’s Christmas tree (with nearly 15,000 lights) and Christkindlmarket, Macy's festive window displays, and the Millennium Park ice skating rink.
From Baubles to Belting out Holiday Classics
In the run-up to the holiday season, and even on the big days themselves, travelers can really experience a special part of their destination’s culture by participating in the local holiday traditions – even traditional caroling with a karaoke spin. Catch the holiday spirit with activities like:
- The Small Group Gourmet Christmas Tour of Paris gives travelers a true sense of Parisian culture with an exploration of the enchanting Saint-Sulpice Christmas Market and samplings of artisan cakes, cookies and hot wine.
- Vancouver Holiday Lights and Karaoke Trolley Tour visits two major local holiday events – Bright Nights in Stanley Park and the Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Garden – all while fellow holiday revelers belt out their favorite holiday tunes.
- For even more singing, the San Francisco and Treasure Island Holiday Lights Trolley Tour includes visits to Fisherman's Wharf decked in lights, Ghirardelli Square and its holiday displays, and the Union Street holiday window displays.
- Traditional European Christmas markets provide unique glimpses into local cultures and gift giving practices in cities like Salzburg (with a private tour option), Budapest and Munich.
- For travelers hoping for a culturally immersive Christmas Eve or Day experience, London in particular offers a selection of activities including Christmas Eve in Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath, Christmas Lunch in Canterbury, and the Christmas Day Tour: Windsor, Stonehenge, Bath and Lacock (also new for 2012).
For information on all of Viator’s holiday tours and activities, travelers can visit Viator.com, the Viator Travel Blog, as well as Facebook and Twitter.
Viator® is the world’s leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 10,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator– the Latin word for traveler – offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as more than 350,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator’s in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, the Viator Shore Excursions website, local language sites for European, Latin American and Asian markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.