We created AnzuMedical to help physicians stay current with professional medical knowledge and best practice in the 21st century. I’m convinced that this powerful resource will make us better physicians.
PHOENIX, AZ (PRWEB) November 29, 2012
Core News Facts:
- Anzu LLC announced the release of AnzuMedical, a digital knowledge platform on the iPad, designed by physicians, for physicians
- The AnzuMedical digital knowledge platform provides physicians with a library of multi-media medical research journals, educational videos, articles, interactive clinical cases, Continuing Medical Education (CME), and industry reference material - all easily accessible via the iPad.
- Medical societies and associations use AnzuMedical to deliver a comprehensive and portable library of peer-reviewed medical specialty knowledge and resources to their physician members.
Customer Using AnzuMedical
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS, http://www.surgery.org/) is an early-adopter customer of the AnzuMedical digital knowledge platform. ASAPS is a professional medical society recognized as the world’s leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. It has over 2,600 plastic surgeons as members.
- ASAPS introduced AnzuMedical to their members in May 2012 as the “RADAR Resource” (the Readily Available Digital Aesthetic Resource), a portable, expert-created knowledge reference for their physician members. The RADAR Resource includes the past 17 years of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal; a large selection of Master videos; video toolkits for a range of procedures and complications; and a range of Aesthetic Society documents and publications, including the Aesthetic Society News.
- With RADAR Resource’s new CME Search capability, busy physicians now have a time efficient, reliable mechanism to fulfill and document their annual Category One CME requirements.
- Currently, approximately 60% of the ASAPS members with iPads are using RADAR Resource, and over 10,000 publications (including digital documents and videos) have been downloaded by users.
- More information about RADAR Resource, including videos and educational material, can be found on the ASAPS website at http://www.surgery.org/downloads/radar/index.php.
- Why do physicians need this?
Physicians today are overloaded with information and short on time, but they still need to stay current and learn about new research, clinical advances, and innovative new products in their medical specialty area. And they need to be able to save and annotate this medical knowledge, so they can reference it later to provide the best patient care.
AnzuMedical offers a single source of comprehensive medical knowledge and resources, available on demand at the physician’s fingertips.
- Why do medical societies and associations want to offer this?
Medical societies need to provide value to their members in the form of ongoing professional education and certification, and dissemination of new knowledge, research and best practices in their specialty area.
AnzuMedical offers an innovative new way for medical societies to reach out and engage their members by providing a broad, comprehensive set of medical professional knowledge at their fingertips.
- What’s a “digital knowledge platform”?
A “digital knowledge platform” for physicians provides medical specialty information in a comprehensive, portable, and personal way.
Comprehensive: The library of peer-reviewed medical specialty information and knowledge needs to be comprehensive, aggregating information across multiple sources of research and medical knowledge, and across multiple types of digital media including documents/publications, video, and audio resources.
Portable: Knowledge needs to be accessible anywhere, anytime, on demand, whether in the physician’s office, in the hospital, or at home.
Personal: Historically, physicians have maintained and extended their professional medical knowledge by subscribing to medical journals and newsletters, and attending periodic meetings to share best practices and knowledge. Often, physicians would organize and keep extensive files of these materials to come back and reference/refresh their memories when they encounter a relevant case or situation. A “digital knowledge platform” needs to provide this same type of capability to allow each physician to organize and categorize information into knowledge that he/she can retrieve quickly and easily when needed.
- How many physicians use an iPad?
According to a May 2011 study by Manhattan Research, 75% of U.S. physicians own some form of Apple device, such as an iPhone, iPad or iPod (http://manhattanresearch.com/News-and-Events/Press-Releases/physician-iphone-ipad-adoption).
- Barry Fernando M.D., CEO of Anzu and ASAPS member
“We created AnzuMedical to help physicians stay current with professional medical knowledge and best practice in the 21st century. Doctors today are fully digital and mobile, and they needed a way to learn and interact with their colleagues that matches this lifestyle. I’m convinced that this powerful resource will make us better physicians.”
- Jeffrey M. Kenkel, MD, ASAPS Immediate Past President
"It's great partnering with AnzuMedical as we work to bring physician education into the digital age with RADAR Resource. We knew our members were going to be very excited about the app, and they were impressed not only with the breadth and depth of educational material available, but also how fast and easy it is to use.”
- Dr. Robert Singer, former president of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and a former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
“AnzuMedical represents the future of professional medical education. With a personalized medical library at their fingertips, busy physicians now get quick access to the answers they need in seconds, no more digging through volumes of publications and dozens of websites. And CME Search provides a time efficient, reliable mechanism to fulfill and document their annual Category One CME requirements. But even more exciting is the potential to use a digital knowledge platform like AnzuMedical to help physicians to interact more effectively with colleagues and patients in the future.”
Created by physicians, for physicians, AnzuMedical is a digital knowledge platform that allows medical societies to create a truly engaged member community by providing multi-media educational material, interactive clinical cases, Continuing Medical Education (CME), and industry reference material - all easily accessible via the iPad
Anzu is an exciting, fast-growing startup founded by a group of physicians and technologists with a shared vision for creating inspiring products to benefit medical practices, doctors and patients. Anzu’s technology platform enables medical societies, medical industry vendors, and other health care-related organizations to engage their member, customer, and patient communities by providing easy, mobile access to professional learning, and new ways to share and engage with that information. The platform enables today’s busy medical professionals to access, engage with, and share proprietary rich content from trusted sources in the on-the-go format they prefer: an iPad app. Headquartered in Phoenix, with operations in Boston , Silicon Valley and India, Anzu is privately held. For more information, please visit http://www.anzumedical.com.