Michelle Germain said, “I am extremely proud of the efforts of my team at Germain Financial Associates in raising such an amount for The Foundation and in setting up what promises to be an annual event in our calendar."
Cheam, London (PRWEB UK) 30 November 2012
In a scene reminiscent of a magnificent 15th century Venetian Carnival Ball, partners of St James’s Place Wealth Management and their guests gathered for a Masked Ball at Warren House in Kingston on Saturday September 22nd 2012 to enjoy an evening of fine dining, music, dancing and fund raising for charity.
The Masked Ball was organised to raise funds for the St James’s Place Foundation and The Children’s Trust. During what was described as “an amazing evening in excellent company, full of colour, set in a splendid location with fine dining, entertainment and fantastic prizes for both the raffle and auction”, an amazing £12,500 was raised which, with company matching by St. James’s Place, amounted to a phenomenal £25,000.
A raffle and auction of prizes kindly donated by local businesses and individuals proved a major fund-raiser during the evening.
On arrival, guests were greeted by the organisers and hostesses for the evening: Michelle Germain of Germain Financial Associates - a representative Practice of St. James's Place Wealth Management - and Alison Wright, also a representative of St. James’s Place Wealth Management.
Before sitting down to a fine dinner, guests were addressed by Michelle Germain, who thanked them for their support and generosity, as well as by guest speaker, Mr. Malcolm Cooper-Smith, Trustee of the St. James’s Place Foundation.
Many projects and personal challenges take place throughout the year to raise money for The Foundation. The result of this activity, together with contributions by St. James’s Place employees, is then distributed by The Foundation to small charities that can substantially benefit from grants to support their work.
Since its inception in 1992, The Foundation has raised and distributed over £20 million to more than 1,000 charities across the UK and abroad.
The Children’s Trust Tadworth charity is one of those charities, and a direct beneficiary of the funds raised during the Masked Ball. A national charity working with children who have multiple disabilities and complex health needs, it offers services to children from across the UK. During the evening, guests heard from Jane Beaven of The Children’s Trust, who touched hearts with stories of children who have benefitted from the work by the Trust.
Michelle Germain said, ”We have been overwhelmed by the generosity and enthusiasm shown by our guests on the night and the many friends and businesses that supported us. The gifts donated for the raffle and the auction were of the highest quality and Warren House was a splendid location, fitting in nicely with our theme.”
She continued, “I am extremely proud of the efforts of my team at Germain Financial Associates in raising such an amount for The Foundation and in setting up what promises to be an annual event in our calendar. We now look forward to seeing our guests again next year. ”
Notes to Editors
- Germain Financial Associates is a member of the St. James’s Place Partnership, the advisory channel for St. James’s Place Wealth Management which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc is a wealth management group managing over £28 billion of funds. The Company offers its services through the St. James’s Place Partnership, which is a team of over 1,600 financial advisers. It also has more than 500 employees in its offices around the UK. The Company is quoted on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE250).
- Germain Financial Associate spokespeople available for comment include Michelle Germain Dip PFS and Stephen Germain, Partners and Directors of Germain Financial Associates.
- The Germain Financial Associates comprehensive portfolio of financial services include :
- Long Term Care
- School Fees
- Improving Your Income
- Tax Planning – Year End
- Exit Strategy
- Generation 2 Generation
- Budget and Tax Changes
- Planning your Retirement – Today
- Lifetime Financial Plan
- Lifetime Cash-flow Forecast
- Women’s Brunch
- Protecting Your Wealth / Putting your House In Order
Germain Financial Associates
14 Upper Mulgrave Road,
Surrey. SM2 7AZ.
Telephone: 020 8770 0647
Email: gfa (at) sjpp (dot) co.uk.
More details are available on http://www.germainfinancial.co.uk