Santa Fe, NM’s The Lensic Presents Singer, Actor, Dancer, Sutton Foster Dec. 27
Broadway, film, television actor, singer, and dancer, Sutton Foster hits the stage at the Lensic, Santa Fe’s performing arts center, located at 211 W. San Francisco St., from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012. This event is featured on Santa Fe, NM’s premier on-line visitor guide SantaFe.com
Santa Fe, NM (PRWEB) November 30, 2012
Vanity Fair describes her as "the new Ethel Merman meets Barbra Streisand." Dynamic and mega-talented, Sutton Foster is an actor, singer, and dancer—on Broadway, in film, and on television. She is a two-time Tony Award® winner, first for her performance as Millie Dillmount in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" in 2002, and again in 2011 for her powerhouse interpretation of Reno Sweeney in "Anything Goes," and is currently starring in the new ABC Family drama, "Bunheads." Visitors to Santa Fe and locals surely should not miss this opportunity to experience her electrifying stage presence in person! This event is listed on the SantaFe.com event calendar.
About The Lensic:
The Lensic Performing Arts Center opened as a nonprofit in 2001 following the restoration of the Lensic Theater, a cornerstone of downtown Santa Fe since 1931.
- Serves as a national model for a sustainable arts center—with its focus on performance, education and community programs.
- Presents over 200 eclectic performances year-round, at affordable prices, delivering outstanding local, national and international talent.
- Enriches public education by bringing more than 10,000 school children to the theater annually to see free performances of music, storytelling and dance.
- Subsidizes local arts organizations, like the Santa Fe Concert Association, Santa Fe Symphony and Santa Fe Pro Musica by covering half of the rental fee for each group that uses the theater.
- Offers its facilities to local nonprofits for free, or at a nominal cost, helping more than 160 organizations raise $1.7 million over 10 years.
- Delivers best-in-class technical support capable of serving world-class organizations from traveling Broadway shows to the Moscow Ballet.
- Sponsors a technical internship and scholarship program to train Northern New Mexico high school students in theatrical arts.
- Serves as a home to the nonprofit Tickets Santa Fe, a community box office serving more than 35 organizations and venues.
Purchase Tickets Online
Student discount is available.
SantaFe.com provides locals and visitors to Santa Fe alike the most current interactive platform for events, music, arts, business, dining and lifestyle. SantaFe.com is a division of Hutton Broadcasting, located at 2502 C. Camino Entrada, Santa Fe, NM 87507
SantaFe.com / Hutton Broadcasting
(505) 471-1067 (Media inquiries only, please)