It pays to be prepared for unexpected road conditions because getting stranded in freezing weather can be a matter of life and death.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) December 05, 2012
Motor vehicle report website VehicleHistory.com recommends never driving in a snow storm, but if drivers must there are certain precautions they should follow. It pays to be prepared for unexpected road conditions because getting stranded in freezing weather can be a matter of life and death.
Simply following these few steps if drivers must head out into the snow:
- Plan your travel route and select a main route and an alternate.
- Let someone know your travel plans so that if you don't arrive on time they will be able to call someone for help.
- Check the weather before you leave on the TV or radio.
- Try not to travel alone. Take a trip with two or three people.
- Drive carefully and defensively, watching for ice on the roads, bridges and overpasses.
- Make sure you have enough gas in your tank in case you get stuck.
- If a storm gets too bad, find some place to go quickly and stay put.
- If your car breaks down, stay with the vehicle, run your engine and heater for short intervals, and crack the window to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
Calling ahead to let someone know of a time of arrival is one of the safest precautions a motorist can do. If no one is aware they are coming, it is less likely for law enforcement to search quickly if they're in an accident or stuck in a storm.
VehicleHistory.com urges drivers to never head out in snow storm conditions as they are dangerous and can end up being fatal. Staying at home until the snow passes is a sure way to be safe the holiday season.
VehicleHistory.com provides online vehicle history report services for used car buyers and sellers in North America. VehicleHistory.com is most reliable way for customers to get background material on the cars they are interested in purchasing with one of the largest databases of used car information in the United States. As of now, VehicleHistory.com has over 3 million vehicle history reports purchased from their online database. Contact VehicleHistory.com customer service 24/7 through live chat, by calling toll free 1-855-395-6395, or by emailing josh(at)vehiclehistory(dot)com.