(PRWEB) December 03, 2012
Rather-Be-Shopping.com today released five timely tips on how families can make sure they stretch their dollars with the use of coupons during this holiday season.
1. Coupons Go Social. Do you have a few favorite retailers you’re guaranteed to shop with this December? Be sure to “like” them on Facebook and follow their Twitter feed as many retailers are now offering exclusive coupons and deals to their loyal social media followers.
2. Never Pay For Shipping. According to a study by the National Retail Federation, 9 out of 10 retailers will offer some type of a free shipping promotion this holiday season. Always perform a quick Google search by typing in the store name followed by “free shipping coupon” and the odds are heavily in your favor you’re going to save some cash on shipping charges.
Also, on December 18th, look for many retailers to start offering free expedited or express 2-day shipping to extend the online shopping season. This trend has become quite common in recent years and we expect this trend to continue this year.
3. Shop Late, Not Early. Expect holiday deals and coupons to improve toward the middle of December. Retail sales are expected to be somewhat sluggish and retailers will start slashing prices and offering better coupons in mid-December to spur consumers to make larger purchases and make up for the slow start.
4. Toys Bargains. Many consumers think the best bargains on toys for Christmas morning are found on Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. This is simply not the case, and hasn’t been for several years. The best time to buy toys is the ten days leading up to Christmas. Historically, this is the time period when retailers like Toys R Us and Walmart offer exceptional coupons and deals for up to 40% off popular toys. This is especially true if toy sales are sluggish during the first couple weeks of December.
5. Do Your Homework. Spend some time with your holiday shopping list on a price comparison website like Price Grabber.com or NexTag.com. Once you have found the retailer with best price, look for a coupon code on a website like Rather-Be-Shopping.com or RetailMeNot.com. By combining the best price with the best coupon you are guaranteed to get the best deal available this holiday shopping season.
Rather-Be-Shopping.com is a leading online discount destination for savvy shoppers who recently released a mobile app for shoppers. The app is simple to navigate, empowering consumers to search a store for coupons by store name or product category. Once the coupon is displayed on an iPhone, the cashier directly scans the phone and the user collects the savings. The app also lists all of the online coupons on the Rather-Be-Shopping.com website, giving consumers the option of doing all of their holiday shopping from their iPhone.
Find the latest coupon deals every day at http://www.rather-be-shopping.com.
Learn more about the new Rather-Be-Shopping iPhone coupon app at http://www.rather-be-shopping.com/mobile_coupons.
Watch a video on the new coupon app at http://youtu.be/jxCpgpdHDno.
Rather-Be-Shopping.com is a leading destination for savvy shoppers looking for online coupons, printable coupons, and free shipping offers. Since 2001, online shoppers have made the website their hub for coupons to over 700 top national retailers like The Home Depot, Lands’ End, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart, Dell, and American Eagle Outfitters. Rather-Be-Shopping.com also has a popular blog offering tips on other creative ways to save money in everyday life. For more information, please visit http://www.rather-be-shopping.com.