Using beads to create homemade decorations is a great Christmas activity for families.
(PRWEB UK) 3 December 2012
Cookson Gold is encouraging customers to save money by creating homemade Christmas beads and crystals.
The Cookson Gold beads range of more than 2,500 bead supplies, combined with a little creative flair, gives crafty customers the chance to create unique, personal Christmas decorations that look just as good as their expensive counterparts, at a fraction of the cost.
Using beads to create homemade decorations is a great Christmas activity for families too, as relatives of any age can get involved and create their own Christmas decoration designs to go up on the tree.
Keen to underline how easy it is to create your own homemade decorations, Cookson Beads has put a few ideas together for homemade decorations this year.
- For a quick, sophisticated look, wrap silver beading wire around Swarovski crystal beadsor semi-precious beads, secure with a crimp bead and create loops so they can be hung from the tree.
- Personalised designs look special for years to come – try threading beads together like tinsel, and using silver letter beads to spell out Christmas messages or the names of family members.
- Glass beads and Shamballa beads are great for creating glitzy, elegant Christmas tree decorations, and there are plenty of festive colours available on the Cookson Beads website to use in crafty projects.
- Beading fans can also use small beads to decorate Christmas cards, gift tags, menu cards and even envelopes.
- Glitzy festive earrings make fantastic gifts, and can easily be crafted using a little wire, a handful of glass beads or Miyuki seed beads, and some ear hooks. Using some simple jewellery tools, the wire can be bent into the Christmas-themed shapes, like gift boxes or sprigs of holly.
Adam Hunter, e-commerce manager at Cookson Beads, said: “We want customers to treat their trees to a great new look – without spending a small fortune on designer Christmas items.
“Creating homemade Christmas decorations is a big trend at the moment, and by saving money and using bead supplies, you can achieve a fresh, festive look that’s much more distinct, unique and personal than anything that can be found on the high street.
“We stock a huge range of beads, including Swarovski beads, Miyuki seed beads and semi-precious beads, so the creative possibilities are almost endless. And our dedicated next-day delivery service means it’s easy to create great-looking homemade Christmas decorations long before the big day.”
Customers can view Cookson’s bead selection online, or request the free beading catalogue, The Cookson Bead Book.
For more information about Cookson Gold and its range of bead supplies, visit http://www.cooksongold.com/beads/.
Notes to Editors
For more information on this story, contact Adam Hunter, e-Commerce Manager at http://www.cooksongold.com, on 0121 212 6491.
About Cookson Gold
Cookson Precious Metals UK – Cooksongold.com
http://www.cooksongold.com is the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker with over 14,500 products including a huge stock of silver, gold, palladium and platinum bullion cut to your requirements (sheet, wire, tube, solder, grain, settings) as well as huge ranges of findings, loose and finished chain, gemstones, ring blanks, jewellery making tools, silver clay, beading materials and much more. With almost 20 years of experience in the industry, we despatch thousands of parcels every week for next day delivery to designer jewellers, retailers, independent craftsmen, goldsmiths and silversmiths, jewellery students, artisans and craft enthusiasts all over the world.
All our key product categories are further supported by a great selection of boxes and packaging, display materials, storage, finished jewellery and charm bead collection as well as a huge range of workshop consumables, tools and machinery. Cooksongold.com are also stockists of the industry’s biggest brands such as Swarovski, Beadalon, Dremel, PMC, Art Clay and FIMO, not to mention Reflections Silver, our very own enhanced tarnish resistant alloy, a harder, whiter and superior alternative to sterling silver.
As well as providing the best and most reliable delivery service proposition in the industry, all products online are backed by a massive stock holding - ensuring our customers get what they want when they want it, all priced dynamically in line with the latest metal fix.
Cooksongold.com is on a number of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Visit our website to keep updated via social media.