Many of the area's businesses are offering discounts and other valuable specials on products and services ranges from pet grooming to yoga classes, beauty services, resale fashion and food.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) December 03, 2012
Chicago area holiday shoppers looking to avoid traffic jams and crowded malls can shop locally at University Village Marketplace (http://www.uvmarketplace.com), a mix of dining, retail, and service offerings in the heart of historic Maxwell Street.
In time for year-end holiday gift giving, many of the area’s businesses are offering discounts and other valuable specials on products and services ranging from pet grooming to yoga classes, beauty services, resale fashion, and food. Several discounts continue well into 2013. Details and downloadable coupons (required for many offers) are available at http://www.uvmarketplace.com/specials.html.
Participating businesses include:
- Howlistic Dog Grooming, Chicago’s first holistically-focused pet grooming salon.
- YogaBliss, yoga studio and boutique, with classes inspired by the teachings of Baron Baptiste.
- Beauty service providers Great Clips, Halsted Tan and Spa, and Paul Mitchell – The School Chicago.
- Healthcare providers Marketplace Vision and National University of Health Sciences.
- Restaurants Cold Stone Creamery, Express Grill, Hashbrowns, Jamba Juice, Jim’s Original Hot Dog, Kohan Japanese Restaurant, La Taberna Tapas, Lalo’s Mexican Restaurant, Lotus Café, Morgan’s Bar & Grill, Reggio’s Pizza, and Subway.
- Retailers American Mattress, Bridge to Success, Powell’s Bookstore, and Shiekh Shoes.
About University Village Marketplace
Located on the south campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago – and on the former site of the historic and renowned Maxwell Street "open air" market – University Village Marketplace is a unique and family-friendly shopping area composed of businesses, restaurants, taverns, retail outlets, and service shops. Everything is conveniently dispersed along Halsted and Maxwell Streets, Roosevelt Road, and Union Avenue.