Our online iOS Device Seizure and Analysis course addresses unique digital investigation challenges associated with iPhone and iPad devices...
San Jose, Calif. (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
BlackBag Technologies, Inc., a leading developer of forensics software, training, and eDiscovery solutions, today announced a new online iOS Device Seizure and Analysis training course. This in-depth eLearning course teaches forensic examiners how to protect, acquire, and analyze data on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices in a forensically sound manner. Special consideration is given to iOS device artifacts that most often provide key evidence during legal proceedings.
Course topics include:
- iOS Evidence Protection - Learn forensically sound iOS device seizure techniques to prevent remote data loss and preserve crucial location-sensitive evidence.
- iOS Application Analysis - Explore how most Apple and third-party apps store resources and user-specific artifacts. Learn analysis techniques that help streamline examination procedures for thousands of App Store software titles.
- Device Anomaly Recognition - Quickly determine if an iOS device is configured and/or operating outside of the norm, and discover how to properly analyze such a device. Identify important data acquisition challenges and analysis methods unique to supervised BYOD device examinations.
- Location Services Data Acquisition and Analysis - Recover and analyze valuable Wi-Fi, cell tower, and GPS-based picture, video, and application evidence.
- Flexible eLearning Environment - Self-paced online learning environment accommodates the needs of examiners facing time challenges and travel constraints.
“Our online iOS Device Seizure and Analysis course addresses unique digital investigation challenges associated with iPhone and iPad devices, and the seven-hundred-thousand-plus apps available for use on the iOS platform,” said Ryan Chapin, Vice President of Forensics and Training. “Apple’s blistering product innovation and evolutionary cycles compel investigators to analyze first generation iPhones differently than they would new iPad Mini devices. This class teaches examiners ways to bring as much continuity and focus to each analysis as possible, no matter which device make and model is involved.”
The BlackBag iOS Device Seizure and Analysis eLearning course provides specialized iOS forensics information geared toward seasoned and novice examiners alike. Students learn through a series of instructional demonstrations and hands-on practical exercises based on real-world case scenarios.
“Explosive iPhone and iPad device popularity presents daunting forensics challenges to law enforcement and private sector investigators. As a result, many of our customers have requested specialized online iOS forensics training,” said Paul Jordan, Vice President of Corporate Development. “We are thrilled to be bolstering our eLearning course offerings with such timely and on-point coursework.”
To learn more about BlackBag Technologies online and on-site course offerings, please visit https://www.blackbagtech.com/training. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com/blog to learn more about Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch digital forensics, and BlackBag Technologies forensics software solutions.
About BlackBag Technologies
BlackBag Technologies, Inc. provides Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPad forensics and eDiscovery solutions. BlackBag acknowledges the growing challenges faced by forensic examiners and legal professionals in the digital forensics field, and is dedicated to creating flexible and comprehensive software, training, and professional service solutions. BlackBag serves a wide range of clients, including federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, as well as leading private sector security, legal, and personnel professionals. Visit https://www.blackbagtech.com for more information.
BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
pr [at] blackbagtech [dot] com
© 2012 BlackBag Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.