"Simply put, we handle any legal issue that deals with children or families." -- Erin Childs.
Fresno, CA (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
Fresno Divorce Attorney and Certified Family Law Specialist, Erin Childs, now offers family law mediation services to those families looking for a more peaceful, economical option to handling family law issues. This addition compliments all of the other family law services offered through through her firm, Childs Law Office. "Simply put, we handle any legal issue that deals with children or families. Now we offer mediation as an option to our clients who could benefit most from it." -- Erin Childs.
Mediation: Childs Law Office is now offering divorce mediation, where each party can agree to retain Erin Childs to mediate their family law issues out of court, in privacy and doing so respectfully. This is often a quicker, less expensive alternative to divorce litigation or collaborative divorce.
In addition, Childs Law Office offers the following services:
1. Family Law Litigation: General family law litigation is for issues like child custody, child visitation, legal separations, domestic partnerships, paternity actions, support issues, grandparents rights, guardianships, community property division, domestic violence restraining orders, adoptions – including foreign and stepparent adoptions. Childs Law Office is committed to representing clients’ interests with zeal, integrity, honesty, and doing this ethically. They intend to achieve a desirable result while preserving the client’s dignity and integrity and protecting their family relationships for after the case is over.
2. Collaborative Practice: Childs Law Office offers services in collaborative divorce, which is an option for those who wish to have a kinder, more respectful divorce and keeping all matter private out of the court system. This is a process where both clients hire a collaboratively trained attorney and a trained mental health professional that help them resolve all of their family law issues out of court through a series of 6-way meetings. This process is generally quicker and strives to protect the children from the toxicity of divorce and the whole family from the very difficult divorce system.
3. Mediation: Childs Law Office is now offering divorce mediation, where each party can agree to retain Erin Childs to mediate their family law issues out of court, in privacy and doing so respectfully. This is often a quicker, less expensive alternative to divorce litigation or collaborative divorce.
3. Guardianships: This is a method for friends and family members of children to petition the court for custody of these children. This is a process that takes place in the probate court system and can result in a permanent living situation for a child or children and eventually lead to their adoption. It can also be a temporary problem that will pass.
4. Juvenile Dependency Proceedings: Erin Childs also practices in juvenile dependency court when CPS may be involved, representing either parent and navigating through the difficult and often confusing juvenile dependency system.
5. Adoptions: Childs Law Office also provides services for domestic adoptions for an infant or older child born to parents or family members living in the U.S, private adoptions where it is arranged by the parents involved or friends but not an agency, stepparent when a stepparent wishes to adopt a child and international adoptions where a child has been adopted internationally and it needs to be completed in the state courts.
6. Termination of Parental Rights: Childs Law Office also provides services in terminating parental rights to free a child for adoption or to defend parents who rights may be at risk of termination.
7. Grandparents Rights: Childs Law Office represents many grandparents seeking custody of their grandchildren. Often times grandparents are shocked to learn they have no legal authority over their grandchildren. This means that even if a grandparent has the consent of a parent without the proper court order they cannot enroll their grandchildren in schools, seek medical attention, or take them to therapy or pick them up from daycare. Childs Law Office works in obtaining legal rights for grandparents of their grandchildren.
8. Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: Childs Law Office also provides services for those seeking a domestic violence restraining order to protect their safety or representing those who may have a restraining order against them to defend their rights in court. Erin Childs has helped many clients make sure they remain safe at any point in their troubled relationships and often before, during and after divorce or partnership termination. She has also represented people who are the targets of restraining orders in family law situations. Sometimes partners use restraining orders as aggressive or revengeful but ultimately unwanted tools to obtain a leg up in a divorce or legal separation.
9. Divorce for Business Owners: Childs Law Office has dealt with many complex property divisions especially those involving business owners and businesses they may own before or during marriage. Childs Law Office is very competent when dealing with the valuation of the assets, consulting with professional forensic accountants and dealing with the intricate issues that a business brings to a divorce. Childs Law Office has represented spouses running the business and also the spouse not running the business to ensure he/she gets their fair share of this asset.
Attorney, Erin Childs, is the founder of Childs Law Office and is a Certified Family Law Specialist with the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Childs Law Office serves the Fresno, Madera, Kern and Kings Counties in California and specializes in child custody, child visitation, divorce, collaborative divorce, spousal support, property division, guardianships, juvenile dependency and adoptions. To learn more, go to http://www.childslawoffice.com.