“Our team implemented a focused chroniton particle generator to open a temporal wormhole to the 24th century,” said Captain Eric Shapiro, of the 21st century app development studio known as ArcTouch.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
Developed for CBS Interactive by ArcTouch, a San Francisco app developer for hire, and previously only available for the Apple iPad, the new version is now optimized for all iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices, including the new iPhone 5 and the iPad mini. The original iPad version was the #1 app in the app store, one of the top 25 paid Entertainment apps for 3 months straight, and the winner of a Media Vanguard Award from Advertising Age.
The PADD app provides beings from every quadrant of the galaxy with the ultimate mobile “Trekkie” experience, including access to data spanning from Star Trek: The Original Series through to Star Trek: Enterprise and the related movies of The Original Series and The Next Generation. The app features a rich database of information, full screen images, actual sound effects from the series, and an authentic LCARS experience.
“Our team implemented a focused chroniton particle generator to open a temporal wormhole to the 24th century,” said Captain Eric Shapiro, of the 21st century app development studio known as ArcTouch. “We condensed 20 billion gigaquads of data about aliens, planets, and technology into a databank and created an app to access it.”
In addition to iPhone and iPad mini support, version 2 includes:
- Updated databank with over 170 new entries, such as Gorgan (possibly the last known inhabitant of the planet Triacus), and enhanced data and images to many existing entries.
- The main PADD screen now has a button marked MESSAGES that shows communiqués from Starfleet Command.
- Starbase Intelligent Response Integration (Siri) for voice-activated searching.
- Subspace "push notifications" allow Starfleet to notify users about enhancements to the PADD databank.
- Full screen databank images.
- Live updating of databank content, which is delivered over terrestrial wireless channels and appears automatically.
- Enhancements to terrestrial data feeds from Facebook and Twitter.
- Under 50 megaquads of data for initial download stream. (Using the lingo of 21st century earth, the app can now be installed over a 3G, 4G, or LTE connections, without requiring WiFi.)
The Star Trek PADD app is available today for just a few bars of gold-pressed latinum ($4.99 for iPad, $1.99 for iPhone/iPod touch from the Apple App Store). Learn more about version 2 of the Star Trek PADD app.
About ArcTouch - App Development Studio
ArcTouch is the leading 21st century app development studio in San Francisco, California. ArcTouch’s expert app developers create custom smartphone and tablet apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and HTML5. The ArcTouch expert app development team has created over 150 apps for the Fortune 500, technology leaders, and world-class brands, including CBS, Walmart, Salesforce.com, Adidas, MillerCoors, and Travelocity.
Contact ArcTouch at 415-944-2000 or view ArcTouch's app portfolio at http://arctouch.com/portfolio