Palm Harbor, Fla. (PRWEB) December 03, 2012
(ISC)² ®(“ISC-squared”), the world’s largest information security professional body and administrators of the CISSP®, today announced the opening of the call for speakers for the third annual (ISC)2 Security Congress, September 24-27 2013, in Chicago, Illinois.
Once again colocated with the ASIS International 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2013), the event is expected to bring together more than 20,000 security professionals from all disciplines, making it the largest security conference of its kind in the world. With a focus on empowering cybersecurity leaders through all aspects of information and physical security, the goal of (ISC)2’s Security Congress is to offer invaluable education to all levels of information security professionals. Attendees receive continuing professional education credits for both presenting and attending sessions.
“We are thrilled to partner with ASIS for the third year of Security Congress to provide attendees with expertise from both the traditional and information security disciplines,” said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP-ISSEP, CAP, executive director of (ISC)². “The high-quality education and networking opportunities offered through these global, colocated conferences are intended to directly address the security skills gap, enhancing the workforce for a stronger, more secure future.”
Security Congress sessions, designed to transcend all industry sectors, focus on current and emerging issues, best practices, and challenges facing cybersecurity practitioners and others responsible for cyber security. Presenters from (ISC)2 Security Congress 2012 unanimously found the experience to be both rewarding and professionally fulfilling. In fact, the average session score given by attendees rated presenters 5.26 out of 6 —the highest on record.
According to presenters from (ISC)2 Security Congress 2012:
- “I had a great time speaking at (ISC)² Security Congress this year. The audience was engaged and offered the opportunity for a fully interactive session. Additionally, the event’s blending of physical and cyber security provided the opportunity to meet a variety of experts from around the world.” - Robert Martin, CSSLP, senior principal engineer, The MITRE Corporation
- “I think the integration of the physical and cyber domains is long overdue. (ISC)²’s event really brought a whole different take on security—I had an absolute ball. As a presenter, I appreciated the setting that allowed me to directly interact with a wide variety of audiences in a way that I wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity to. I have every intention of coming back for 2013.” – Winn Schwartau, CISSP, founder, Security Awareness Company (SAC)
- “The 2012 Security Congress offered a unique opportunity to discuss information security issues with practitioners from both the logical [(ISC)2] and physical (ASIS) sectors. All of the sessions I attended, including the one I gave, were well attended and featured several good, thought-provoking Q&A sessions. I am looking forward to the 2013 Security Congress in Chicago in hopes of reconnecting with some of the really smart folks to get their perspective on the latest security topics and trends.” - Dan Waddell, CISSP, CAP, member, (ISC)2 North American Advisory Board and senior director of IT Security, eGlobalTech
(ISC)² is currently accepting speaker submissions for information security tracks focused on:
- Compliance, Regulation & Governance
- Threats – Inside and Out
- Cloud Security
- Swiss Army Knife – General topics of interest in information security
- Application Security
- Mobile Security/Social Networking
- Software Assurance
- Government Security
To submit a proposal in one of the categories above, please visit https://www.isc2.org/congress2013/default.aspx. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (ISC)² will accept submissions until Feb. 11, 2013.
# # #
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals worldwide, with over 87,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. More information is available at http://www.isc2.org.
© 2012, (ISC)² Inc. (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.