(PRWEB UK) 5 December 2012
As the traditional peak booking period approaches, travellers can now get even better value on their cruise holidays thanks to P&O Cruises new range of cruises from £599pp.
- Vantage Fares from £599 per person for a seven-night cruise
- Price Promise protection
- Range of new holidays for 2013
- Headline celebrity performances on selected short cruises
- Multi-million pound advertising and marketing campaign to break over Christmas
P&O Cruises Vantage Fares for 2013 offer exceptional value for money with prices starting from £599 per person a seven-night Fjords cruise on Oceana (E309). Vantage Fares have great benefits such as a choice of cabin, the flexibility to make amendments to, or even change, the choice of cruise or cabin up to 90 days prior to departure, along with one of the following; on board spending money, car parking in Southampton or return coach travel to Southampton. For bookings until 28 February 2013, P&O Cruises is also offering a low 10% deposit.
Price Promise protection ensures that should the price of a cruise reduce, the difference will be awarded in on board spending or a cabin upgrade. If, however, the price of a cruise should rise after the booking has been made, passengers are assured they have received excellent value by booking early.
New holidays for 2013: These range from an increased number of short break cruises, an additional North Cape cruise to see the Northern Lights and themed sailings including food and wine, Strictly Come Dancing and Classic FM music cruises.
Short cruises: P&O Cruises has added nine short cruises ranging from two to five nights in 2013, visiting the Channel Islands, Belgium and the Netherlands. Available on a choice of family-friendly large and mid-sized ships from April to July 2013, all short break cruises conveniently depart from and return to Southampton.
Added due to an increasing demand for shorter cruises, these escapes are an ideal introduction to a cruise holiday for couples, families, groups or even single travellers as some of the ships have sought after large single cabins. A sample cruise includes:
- A two-night cruise to St Peter Port on Azura (A309P) departing April 16, 2013. Vantage Fares from £199 per person.
North Cape cruises to see the Northern Lights: Due to unprecedented interest in the North Cape cruise in March, P&O Cruises has added another 12-night cruise, also to see the famed Northern Lights. The cruise offers a unique opportunity to see the natural phenomenon with an extended afternoon and evening stay in Alta, also known as ‘the town of the Northern Lights’. Details of the new cruise:
- A seven-night North Cape cruise on Oriana (X405N) departing March 1, 2013. Vantage Fares from £1,109 per person.
Food and wine cruises: P&O Cruises is offering two new food and wine themed cruises in conjunction with celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, TV wine expert Olly Smith, Michelin-starred chef Atul Kochhar and master pâtissier and ‘Cake Boy’ legend, Eric Lanlard. Together they will offer their expertise and provide on board demonstrations, private masterclasses, hosted dinners, wine tasting and pairings, book signings and Q&A sessions in the theatre. They will also host a range of shore excursions to vineyards, breweries, distilleries, restaurants and markets. Cruise options include:
- A 14-night Western Mediterranean cruise with Atul Kochhar, Olly Smith and Eric Lanlard on Azura (A310N) departing April 27, 2013. Vantage Fares from £1,109 per person.
- A 28-night Caribbean cruise with Marco Pierre White and Eric Lanlard on Adonia (D318) departing November 22, 2013. Vantage Fares from £2,439 per person.
Strictly stars announced for next summer: Strictly Come Dancing judge, Craig Revel Horwood, will join seven ‘Strictly’ cruises next year, along with many of the BBC show’s professional dancers. Each cruise will have two professional dancers to include some of this year’s favourites; James Jordan, Pasha Kovalev, Natalie Lowe and Kristina Rihanoff. Available on selected cruises to Europe from May to October 2013, the top names will show off their routines with the samba, foxtrot, rumba, quickstep, jive and bring all the glamour and glittering performances to the dance floor. Guests will also see a collection of the intricate costumes worn by the celebrities and stars this series. The 2013 Strictly cruises include:
- Ian Waite and Natalie Lowe on a 13-night Canary Islands cruise on Azura (A311N) departing May 11, 2013. Vantage Fares from £1,179 per person.
- James Jordan and Ola Jordan on a 17-night Central Mediterranean cruise on Azura (A313N) departing May 31, 2013. Vantage Fares from £1,669 per person.
‘Music Festivals at Sea’ with Classic FM: P&O Cruises has partnered with Classic FM to host five dedicated music themed cruises. A repertoire of opera, operetta and recitals will be hosted by acclaimed Classic FM presenters and passengers can enjoy interviews and musical quizzes, along with the usual mix of entertainment from P&O Cruises. A sample cruise includes:
- A 14-night Iceland cruise with Classic FM on Aurora (R307) departing June 4, 2013. Vantage Fares from £1,499 per person.
Headline celebrity performances: Classical singing sensations Jonathan & Charlotte, who shot to fame in this year’s Britain’s Got Talent, will appear on Azura’s four-night cruise on April 18. Their first album is now certified gold and was the highest ever entry by a classical album into the main album chart. This cruise provides an opportunity to see them before the start of their UK tour next summer.
World famous tenor Russell Watson is to perform on two short breaks sailing from Southampton in May and July. The former Salford factory worker has been in the spotlight since 1999 when his performance of World Cup anthem “Nessun Dorma” at Manchester United’s Old Trafford stadium received a standing ovation and he has since sold millions of records worldwide, performing for some of the most influential people of our time.
- A four-night cruise with opera duo, Jonathan & Charlotte from Britain’s Got Talent on Azura (A309Q) departing April 18, 2013. Vantage Fares from £319 per person.
- A three-night cruise with tenor, Russell Watson, on Aurora (R305), departing May 18, 2013. Vantage Fares from £409 per person.
- A four-night cruise with tenor, Russell Watson, on Azura (A316N), departing July 5, 2013
Vantage Fares from £579 per person for an outside cabin.
Multi-million pound advertising and marketing campaign: This begins with sponsorship of the Christmas Day special of Downton Abbey and TV advertising from Boxing Day.
On board, passengers can choose from a variety of bars, restaurants and casual eateries, enjoy a classically British afternoon tea, or for a real treat book a table in one of the fine dining restaurants (cover charge applies) from Marco Pierre White and Atul Kochhar. Entertainment on board is endless with numerous day and night activities, from expert cookery demonstrations to West End style theatre shows. For the more energetic there are sports courts, swimming pools, a gym and an Oasis Spa for relaxation and rejuvenating treatments. Children from 2 – 17 are also supervised with round-the-clock activities and evening entertainment in the children's clubs, leaving parents to enjoy a quiet evening together.
For more information or to book call P&O Cruises on 0843 373 0111 or visit http://www.pocruises.co.uk.