Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
WPL Publishing soon will host a webinar to help professionals within the construction community plan for possible weather delays in their projects and minimize the potential for claims.
Hurricane Sandy’s recent devastation along the East Coast is a reminder of the significant role that weather can play in the planning and execution of a construction project. Weather conditions can wreak havoc on project schedules and the calculation of time extensions. The webinar, which is scheduled to take place Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012, at 1:00 p.m. (EST), is designed to help attendees keep such problems to a minimum. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/cpajwvs.
The webinar, entitled “Weather Planning on Construction Projects: Addressing Delays and Time Extensions -- Dealing with Sandy,” will help attendees do the following:
- Execute the best contracts for projects, whether contracts are based on documents from the American Institute of Architects, ConsensusDocs, the federal government, or a typical department of transportation.
- Discover the right technique to calculate delay, be it a contemporaneous analysis or a time impact analysis.
- Understand critical path and float methods.
- Review time extensions for the super storm itself.
- Learn how to deal with time extensions that will push work over the winter as a result of Sandy.
- Anticipate how to address acceleration, both constructive and directed.
- Understand how to deal with damages.
Addressing attendees will be Trauner Consulting Services Inc. Principal J. Scott Lowe. He has expertise in critical path method scheduling, construction claim preparation and evaluation, dispute resolution, technical document development, contract administration, and cost analysis. He has directed and performed virtually all types of analyses for projects across the United States and abroad. On many occasions, he has provided expert testimony at deposition, arbitration, and trial.
After Mr. Lowe’s presentation, there will be an interactive 10-to-15 minute question-and-answer session addressing relevant topics.
Webinar tuition is based on location, not number of participants, so each registration site can have multiple participants for one low price. To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/cpajwvs.
WPL Publishing Co., Inc. provides expert training, education, and development resources for the construction industry via live webinars and its ConstructionPro Network website (http://www.ConstructionProNet.com). Through ConstructionPro Network, WPL publishes the independent newsletter ConstructionPro Week, providing news, analysis, and insightful commentary about recent developments involving construction law, green buildings, building information modeling, and various construction managerial technologies and techniques.