Sterling, VA (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
Current Analysis, the market leader in continuous, tactical competitive intelligence for the telecommunications and information technology markets, announced today the release of their Telecom Vendor Services study on operator procurement plans. Based on their recent primary research of global network operators, Current Analysis gathered key insights into operator managed and professional services procurement preferences around the rapidly growing service provider IT market segment.
“These operators represent approximately 40% of the global telecom operator CapEx in 2011,” commented Bruce Page, Vice President of Custom Research at Current Analysis. “We benchmarked these results against a similar survey that we ran in 2011 in order to show the dynamic changes going on in the market.”
Key outcomes of the study include:
- As the concept of service provider SDN gains momentum, network operators are increasingly looking to their vendor partners for help on deploying and optimizing datacenter and cloud architectures
- For the most part, however, network operators still regard systems integration services related to OSS/BSS transformations as the domain of IT services firms (e.g., IBM, Amdocs, etc.)
- Operators indicated that OSS/BSS integration is a high priority the next 12 months, so services firms of all stripes need to be vigilant in highlighting their capabilities and success stories related to these projects
“There are notable exceptions to these findings,” added Jason Marcheck, Service Director of Service Provider Infrastructure at Current Analysis. “Some network equipment vendors are finding material success in performing systems integration work on OSS/BSS transformation projects. We identify which ones and why some operators are looking to them for support.”
The analysis of the research is being released in a compilation of four unique reports:
- Summary of Data by Region
- IT Services Procurement Preferences
- Vendor Services Satisfaction Results
- Capstone Report: Services Momentum, Market Projections and Operator Procurement Preferences
To learn more about how to access this timely research compilation, go to http://www.currentanalysis.com/custom/tvs/.
About Current Analysis
Current Analysis (http://www.currentanalysis.com) is the only provider of continuous, in-depth tactical competitive intelligence, analysis, and advice. The company has been helping leading telecommunications, information technology and business software companies improve their competitive intelligence, differentiate themselves in the market, and win more business. For more than 15 years, sales teams, product managers, marketing professionals, and executives have relied on Current Analysis as a trusted partner to improve their ability to anticipate and quickly take action on market opportunities and competitive threats. The company serves more than 35,000 professionals at over 1,600 global enterprises.
Sr. Director, Marketing Communications
703 788 3644 pr(at)currentanalysis(dot)com