Madison Gas and Electric expects heating costs to rise 18 percent this year.
Janesville, Wisconsin (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
As the holiday season kicks off, Wright Insurance of Wisconsin wants to remind residents of the importance of staying warm at home as well as spending quality time with family. The state is already getting a preview of the winter weather to come, which the agents here have not overlooked. We want customers to focus on being safe in cold weather by offering tips on how to stay warm on a budget.
In the coming months, Wisconsin residents can expect to pay more than last year to heat their homes because this winter is expected to be colder. Madison Gas and Electric expects heating costs to rise 18 percent this year. We Energies predicts that its customers in western and southeastern Wisconsin will pay 9 percent more. For those who heat their homes with fuel oil, the estimations on costs are more difficult to make.
Although many factors affect the cost of heating, Wright Insurance doesn’t want its customers to stress about protecting their family during the coldest months of the year. Preparing beforehand to keep a home warm is the best way to stay safe indoors and save money this winter:
- As long as the sun stays out, this can be a free source of heat. Use the power generated from the rays to warm a room by opening the curtains during the day.
- If a room is empty, that means the heat doesn’t need be on.
- Invest in a small portable heater to keep smaller areas warm. This can save a lot of money compared to running a furnace all the time.
- Even if windows and doors are closed, sometimes cold air can creep inside through the cracks and edges. Therefore, use plastic weather strips to insulate the bottom of these areas.
- Have winter clothes? Why not wear them inside? This is a cheap way to keep warm. Layer socks, shirts, and pants, wear a hat, or a coat if needed.
Wright Insurance hopes homeowners can use these tips to keep on track with their winter budget. The insurance agents are placing priority on keeping families warm as the cold weather continues. A home is the place a person should feel most comfortable, which is why the agency encourages protecting it with the right homeowners insurance in Wisconsin as well as learning different ways to maintain it this winter.
About Wright Insurance:
Wright Insurance is a full-service independent insurance agency with offices in Beloit and Janesville, Wisconsin. Founded in 1914, the agency prides itself in its personal and professional philosophy, working with customers all over Wisconsin and Illinois. The agents at Wright Insurance are experts in insurance and can offer customers affordable and comprehensive options for all of their insurance needs, including: auto, home, life and business insurance.