For the last five years, Schulz has brought his live clubbing experience directly to fans via his radio show, 'Global DJ Broadcast.' Twenty-twelve may be a thing of the past, but it will never be forgotten.
New York, NY (PRWEB) December 05, 2012
America’s Best DJ (ABDJ) reigning king Markus Schulz seizes the zeitgeist and releases World Tour – Best Of 2012 (Armada Music) on December 14th, 2012. Hands-down the favorite American DJ as voted by the readers of DJ Times Magazine, Schulz takes fans on tour with him with this stunning compilation. Recorded live during the year, World Tour – Best Of 2012 captures the very best music and party atmosphere of 2012.
For the last five years, Schulz has brought his live clubbing experience directly to fans via his radio show, “Global DJ Broadcast.” Zeroing in on one city at a time, one big event at a time and the dependably up-for-it crowds, Schulz digitally captures the essence of his live sets, catching every fader flip, every tweak of the knobs, every firing of the effects and every resulting cheer. World Tour carries the listener up close and ringside for all of the action.
From his homebase in Miami, Florida, Schulz broadcasts his radio show to more than 50 radio stations, and the nights that inspire each broadcast are brought electrifyingly back to life. Musically, the Best Of 2012 breaks through language barriers to unite the sounds of 11 different countries and 17 different cities into its travelogue mix. From the anticipatory shudder of “Hollywood Boulevard” – captured live during the opening minutes of Schulz’s 10-hour set in Los Angeles – to the final euphoric upswing of “Love Rain Down,” the mix hops from one nightlife-infused city to the next. Omnia’s “The Fusion” – named by Schulz as his track of-the-year – Jaren’s transcendent “Carry On,” Mr. Pit’s “It Is What It Is,” and Grube & Hovsepian’s “City Of Angels” transport the listener from Miami to Ibiza and from Amsterdam to Kiev and all points in between. As a bonus, disc-two features 80 minutes of Schulz recorded live during peak clubbing hours on the recent west coast leg of his Scream tour. San Francisco’s preeminent club, Ruby Skye, was the setting for the recording, and the mix features 18 tracks of Schulz in full flight.
Schulz’s latest single, “Nothing Without Me” from his Coldharbour label, is but one of the many exquisite tracks on this mix. Twenty-twelve may be a thing of the past, but it will never be forgotten.
Disc 1: Best of World Tour 2012
01. San Andreas Soundlab - Hollywood Boulevard [Live from Avalon, Los Angeles '12 Release Party]
02. Markantonio & Roberto Capuano - T4 (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) [Live from Nature One, Kastellaun]
03. Markus Schulz featuring Jaren - Carry On [Live from Privilege, Ibiza]
04. Omnia & Ira - The Fusion (Markus Schulz Los Angeles '12 Reconstruction) [Live from Club Space, Miami]
05. Marcel Woods vs. W&W - Trigger [Live from Koolhaus, Toronto]
06. Markus Schulz & Wellenrausch - Silence to the Call (Scream Tour Edit) [Live from Arma Music Hall, Moscow]
07. KhoMha - Days Gone Bye [Live from Ministry of Sound, London]
08. Cosmic Gate - Crushed [Live from Ruby Skye, San Francisco]
09. Danny Cullen - Abaddon (Markus Schulz Edit) [Live from Mandarine Nightclub, Buenos Aires]
10. Yura Moonlight - Harrier [Live from DJ Mag Top 100 Party at Ministry of Sound, London]
11. Skytech - What's Wrong (Skytech Stadium Mix) [Live from Planeta Born to Party, Poznan]
12. Johnny Yono - Fairfax (Markus Schulz Edit) [Live from Metro Theatre, Sydney]
13. Susana & Dark Matters - Home (Mr. Pit Remix) [Live from Avalon, Los Angeles '12 Release Party]
14. Markus Schulz & Ferry Corsten - Loops & Tings [Live from Electric Daisy Carnival, New York City]
15. Mr. Pit - It is What it Is (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) [Live from A State of Trance 550, Den Bosch]
16. Morvan - Kiss of a Muse (Lence & Pluton Remix vs. Wellenrausch Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) [Live from Global Gathering, Stratford-Upon-Avon]
17. Elevation vs. Grube & Hovsepian - City of Angels (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction) [Live from A State of Trance 550, Kiev]
18. KhoMha - The Dark Knight [Live from Electric Daisy Carnival, Las Vegas]
19. Beat Service - Fortuna [Live from the Terrace at Club Space, Miami]
20. Markus Schulz featuring Seri - Love Rain Down (4 Strings Remix) [Live from Arma Music Hall, Moscow]
Disc 2: (BONUS CD only physical) Live from Ruby Skye, San Francisco. Recorded October 26 2012.
01. Markus Schulza presents Dakota – Doors open
02. DJ Tarkan - Sad Story (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
03. Danilo Ercole - Profundo
04. Audien - Eventide
05. Rex Mundi - Mence (Markus Schulz Edit)
06. Andro V - Lonely World (Alessandro Remix / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
07. Skytech - No Need for Words
08. Markus Schulz featuring Fiora - Deep in the Night
09. Arnej - The Second Coming
10. M.I.K.E. - Any Direction (M.I.K.E. vs. Revero Club Edit / Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
11. Markus Schulz & Elevation - Finish Line
12. Store N Forward - Sugar (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
13. Abstract Vision & Elite Electronic vs. Broning - Relict (Basil O'Glue & Styller Remix)
14. Markus Schulz - Soul Seeking
15. Fisherman & Hawkins - Apache
16. Nifra - Dark Harbour (Markus Schulz Edit)
17. Aerofoil vs. E&G - One Word (Markus Schulz Big Room Reconstruction)
18. KhoMha - Dejavu
19. Markus Schulz featuring Ana Diaz - Nothing Without Me (Markus Schulz Return to Coldharbour Remix)
For interview requests ROW, contact: CARMEN VAN DER WERF, +31-20-40-80-846, carmen (at) armadamusic (dot) nl.
For interview requests NORTH AMERICA, contact: EMILY TAN MEDIA RELATIONS, +1(917) 318-3758, EmilyEmilyTan (at) aol (dot) com.
# # #