The computer book Windows 8 for SENIORS will teach how to use this new operating system.
New York (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
The computer book Windows 8 for SENIORS is great for senior citizens who want to get started using computers. The book walks the reader through the basics of the Windows 8 operating system in an easy, step-by-step manner. This learn-as-you-go book can be used right alongside the computer making it visually easier to perform the tasks laid out in each chapter. Topics such as learning how to use the computer, getting comfortable with the mouse, and how to write letters are discussed. This book also teaches how to surf the Internet and send and receive emails. With the new skills and information gained, the reader can effectively participate in the digital world.
Windows 8 for SENIORS
Author: Studio Visual Steps
ISBN: 978 90 5905 118 8
Book type: Paperback, full color
Number of pages: 368
Price: US $22.95 Canada $25.95
Support website: http://www.visualsteps.com/windows8
Topics covered in this Windows 8 computer book:
- become comfortable and enjoy using your computer
- write letters and memos on the computer
- send and receive messages by email
- explore the World Wide Web
- customize your computer settings
Visual Steps is the very successful publisher of the well-known computer books for seniors and is dedicated to help individuals over the age of 50 participate in the cyber-age. More than 20,000 copies of the title iPad for Seniors, 25,000 copies of the title Windows 7 for Seniors and 80,000 of Windows XP for Seniors have been sold.
All of the Visual Steps books follow the same methodology, known as the Visual Steps Method. This method distinguishes itself in a number of ways from traditional instructional methods. Attention is made to the special needs and requirements of the mature individual. Each product:
- Allows learning in a friendly, fun and hands-on manner.
- Uses a larger print format
- Contains easy to understand, visually oriented, step-by-step instructions.
- Has an extensive use of screen shots and illustrations.
- Features practical, useful information and tips.
- Includes follow-up exercises to reinforce new skills and increase confidence.
- Offers special help topics for do-it-yourself error correcting as well as an extensive index.
The Visual Steps books are distributed by IPG. Sample chapters, table of contents and hi-resolution cover images can be found on http://www.visualsteps.com/press.
For more information about Visual Steps Publishing or to request a review copy or digital picture of one of the books, you can contact Mara Kok – mara.kok(at)visualsteps(dot)com