Travel protection brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares some travel tips to help keep more money in your pocket.
Atlanta, Ga. (PRWEB) December 06, 2012
1. Be flexible. For many, just the thought of getting away sounds great…the destination is often secondary. Think about it: often times we want to escape to a tropical paradise or hit the slopes. In this case, let the deal be your compass. It’s possible that a trip to Aruba is expensive, while a getaway to St Marteen is much more affordable (and probably a shorter plane ride). It’s also important to avoid traveling on days around major holidays (like July 3, for example). Airlines are notorious for increasing their rates during this time. You’ll save major bucks (and avoid the crowds).
2. Drive there. One way of saving major bucks is to consider a destination that’s drivable. Sometimes, avoiding busy airports, flight delays and baggage fees can be a welcome scenario. If renting a car, don’t automatically purchase the retailer’s rental car insurance. Do some research and look for third-party insurers, like ProtectYourBubble.com. Its rental car protection plan is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions, and more for $7.99 per day, as opposed to double or triple that for rental car companies insurance policies.
3. Plan ahead. When booking air travel, the early bird gets the worm…especially during summer months. Many experts recommend booking airfare about three months in advance. It’s also important to plan the day of the week you purchase your airfare. According to studies on the topic, Tuesdays at 3 p.m. are the best time to buy. When planning ahead, pay close attention to what you pack. It’s easy to over pack, but with a little planning (and the help of space-saver bags), it’s likely to all fit into a carry-on suitcase. And that means no checked baggage fees.
4. Seek advice from the concierge. The concierge is your tool to gain insight into dining specials, off the beaten path destinations, local attractions, and tips on what to do. Consulting with the concierge can help you avoid tourist traps (these can be expensive “mistakes”) and scout great deals.
When planning your next getaway, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancellations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA