Peterborough, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 10 December 2012
Unity® Core delivers some truly unique and highly effective features including:
- Focus on the key element of learned motor patterns (as in LAMP¹) to access essential vocabulary in an arrangement that never changes.
- The power of ‘sequencing’ icons ensures you can say ALL of the words from just the ONE home page!
- No re-learning! - The Unity® Core apps provide a fantastic opportunity to start communicating with a system that caters for communication development without the need for any re-learning. Once a unique motor pattern is learnt for each word in Unity®, that pattern will never change. This mimics the production of naturally spoken words through singular motor patterns of tongue and mouth.
The apps are ideal for beginning communicators who are just learning that they can affect those around them and provides an excellent introduction to the power of Unity®. Language development in typically developing children occurs through the pairing of a consistent motor pattern, the sound that motor pattern produces, and the reaction they get from the environment. Unity® Core presents vocabulary in the same manner so those language connections can be developed.
The apps are symbol based for those who are not yet literate; however symbols are paired with text to support literacy development. In addition a keyboard page is included so words can be spelt. The vocabulary, structure and teaching approach are based on research and years of implementation experience with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Two developmentally progressive vocabulary options (1-hit and Sequenced).
- Two grid sizes, 60 and 84 buttons.
- Pre-stored core and fringe words.
- Vocabulary Builder: allows only chosen words to remain visible.
- Word Finder: helps the user find where words are stored.
- High quality Ivona text-to-speech voices (not in Lite version).
- Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons (not in Lite version).
- Includes 3,000 icons (or import your own pictures) for increasing the available vocabulary (not in Lite version).
- Unrivalled support, even for the Lite app. http://www.aacapps.co.uk
There are four vocabulary files within the app to support language development from current skill level and throughout life.
There is a 1-hit level in a 60 and 84 grid layout where up to 61² core words are only one touch away. Core words are those that are most frequently used in speech and can be used in a variety of settings and activities.
A Sequenced level also in a 60 and 84 grid layout requires a second button to be pressed before hearing those initial core words. Vocabulary is increased to 222² words and this level allows for the learning of extended motor patterns without the visual distractions of the full vocabulary file.
Liberator Ltd, a subsidiary of the Prentke Romich Company (USA), has delivered AAC solutions worldwide since 1991. In additional to our UK operation, Liberator’s support network now extends to subsidiary companies in Germany (Prentke Romich Deutschland) and Australia (Liberator Pty Ltd) as well as international partners in many other countries. For more information please visit http://www.liberator.co.uk
¹ LAMP. Language Acquisition through Motor Planning
² Unity® Core Vocab Files (Number of words programmed)
- Unity® Core Lite: 60 1-hit (31), 60 Sequenced (52), 84 1-hit (33), 84 Sequenced (60)
- Unity® Core: 60 1-hit (45), 60 Sequenced (154), 84 1-hit (61), 84 Sequenced (222)