Brookyln, NY (PRWEB) December 08, 2012
New York City is one of the top destinations for New Year's Eve in the world. Over one million people are in Times Square on New Year's Eve, not to mention those that came for the extravagant parties and the race through Central Park at midnight. NYE is going to be a lot to handle, especially for the first timers, so take this survival guide and run with it.
1. If seeing the Ball Drop in Times Square is at the top of the to-do list, get there in the afternoon. NYE in NYC enthusiasts start piling in during the early afternoon hours, and by the time mid-afternoon rolls around, there will be no standing room left. Once you get a spot, don't leave it. For any reason.
2. Hit the bathroom on the way to Times Square, because there is no bathroom access in Times Square.There is also no alcohol, even champagne allowed, so hopefully that will cut down the need for a bathroom at all. Don't expect food vendors in Times Square either, but the majority of Times Square restaurants will be open for business. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Olive Garden have a great view of the Ball Drop, but making reservations well in advance at any restaurant is recommended to ensure a meal on New Years Eve.
3. The Ball Drop in Times Square heads up to the top of the flagpole at One Times Square at 6pm. The Ball can be best seen along Broadway, from 43rd to 50th St, as well as along Seventh Ave as far as 59th St. Police close down access to Times Square starting at 43rd and Broadway. Note to drivers: Don't drive. Don't try it. Things start getting bad for anyone in a vehicle around 2pm and it gets worse from then on.
4. Due to these difficulties, the best way to get to Times Square is by using New York's public transportation system. # 1, 2, 3, 7, A, B, C, D, E, F, N, Q, R, W, V and S shuttle trains service the Times Square area. Note: Using the 42nd St. Subway Station is highly discouraged. It gets way too crowded in there.
5. Dress for the weather to come. Check the NYC weather forecast to decide what to wear.
6. If none of this sounds appealing, find a better spot. The best choice for a hotel party with a view of the Ball Drop is the Renaissance New York Time Square. The R Lounge on top of this hotel is bringing in the New Year with a luxury open bar, bottomless champagne, a decadent menu, live DJ and one of the best views of the Times Square Ball Drop available. This is going to be one of the hottest parties in Times Square that night! Rooms are sold out for New Years Eve, but those staying in New York City before and after December 31 will find excellent deals to bring in the New Years at this hotel.
Other nearby hotels with a spectacular view of the Ball Drop are the Doubletree Guest Suites and Marriott Marquis.
7. If seeing the Ball Drop on New Years isn't a top priority, it may be best to avoid the Times Square scene altogether from that afternoon until the well into the morning. Tons of parties are happening all over New York, and it's the best way to bring in NYE in NYC with a bang! Some of the best parties starting on December 31, 2012 are:
The New Years Eve Ball at Webster Hall. This is the ultimate party every year in New York City. The NYE Ball at Webster Hall features the largest balloon drop in the free world, 4 massive dance floors and 8 of NYC's best DJs spinning all night long. Don't miss the full open bar from 8pm-2am and an after-hours performance by Tommy Trash.
The Empire Room celebrates NYE at one of the most iconic landmarks in New York City, the Empire State Building! Featuring a 5 hour premium open bar, a world-renowned DJ and a live countdown complete with a champagne toast, this is a party that no NYC tourist will want to miss.
The Prince George Ballroom New Year's Eve was rated the #1 New Year's Eve Top Party Value! Live DJ music, an over sized dance floor and a Joonbug photographer capturing the madness all night long.
Find all the NYE Parties in NYC here to bring in 2013 the right way.
8. Celebrating NYE in NYC with the kiddies? Ripley's Believe It or Not is the only party in Times Square that both families and couples will enjoy. Entertainment all night long starts off with a fire breathing night and keep going all night long until the champagne toast when the Ball Drops in Times Square. There will be a premium open bar and hors D'oeurves and a DJ Dance Party everyone in attendance will want to join in on. Ripley's is a great way to spend New Years Eve in Times Square safely without sacrificing a bit of fun or an amazing view.
9. Not a party animal at all? No problem. The Emerald Nuts Midnight Run is a four mile race, and a great way to race into 2013. Spend NYE in Central Park with fireworks, live entertainment and absurdly dressed runners ready for new year! There are plenty of Central Park hotels to crawl to for a nice rest after such a late run and crazy night! But if the night isn't over just because the race ended, most of them will still be hosting parties through the wee hours of the morning!
There's something in New York City for everyone, especially on New Years Eve. Bring in 2013 with over a million people standing in the streets in Times Square, or in a nearby hotel, attraction or restaurant, or avoid the Times Square scene all together with New York parties or other annual events. It's bound to be a wild night, don't miss a thing!
NYCTourist.com is an authority on traveling to New York City. NYCTourist.com is a one-stop destination when planning a NYC vacationm Find the best information, deals, reviews and tickets for hotels, attractions, Broadway shows and events in New York City.