(PRWEB) December 07, 2012
An industry record for the Australian automotive industry saw Hyundai ranked fifth overall with 7,756 cars sold in the month of November achieving 7.9% market share, and 8.2% total market share year to date. In passenger car sales Hyundai ranked third for the month with 5,900 vehicles sold, equating to a market share of 11.4%, which is an increase of +6.1% over the same period last year.
The Hyundai Veloster continues its unbroken streak taking first place in the competitive Sports segment for the tenth consecutive month, retaining the lead position since its launch in early 2012. With total sales for the Sports <$80k segment of 377 Veloster achieved a staggering 29.9% market share for the month.
Achieving its best ever monthly sales record since launch Hyundai i20 ranked first overall with sales of 1,841 units and market share of 14.5% in the <$25k Light Car segment, an increase of +92.8% over the same period last year.
“The Veloster continues to dominate the high-status Sports car segment with a tenth consecutive first place,” said Damien Meredith, Director of Sales, Hyundai Motor Company Australia. “At the other end of the spectrum the i20 had its best monthly sales result underlining the vehicle’s outstanding economy and value proposition in a highly competitive segment.”
In the U.S., Hyundai Motor America announced an all-time record breaking November sales result with 53,487 cars sold representing an +8% year-on-year increase for the same period. The Elantra, a recent recipient of the ALG’s highest residual value award, achieved +28% sales growth while i45 (sold as Sonata in U.S.) was rewarded with a +13% sales increase for the month.
Hyundai Motor Company recorded an November 2012 global sales result of 420,365 units compared to 375,594 sales, an increase of +11.9%, for the same period in 2011.
Hyundai Motor Company Australia highlights include:
- The i20 ranked first in the Light Car <$25k segment achieving 1,814 vehicle sales and a segment share of 14.5%.
- Veloster ranked first in the Sports <$80k segment, posting a sales result of 377 units and a segment share of 29.9%.
- iLoad ranked second in the Van/CC 2.5-3.5t segment achieving 392 vehicle sales and a segment share of 28.7%.
- iMax ranked third among People Movers <$55k, posting a sales result of 120 units and a 13.4% segment share.
- The ix35 ranked third in the SUV Small <$40k segment achieving 889 vehicle sales and a segment share of 18.4%.