Gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, lists tips for uses for that old phone.
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) December 10, 2012
- Sell it – Depending on what model has been replaced, there may still be some value left in the phone. Popular one like iPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy S2 will likely sell on eBay.com for more than you might think.
- Recycle it – There are plenty of facilities out there that will take your old smartphones and recycle them, including EarthWorks. Avoid throwing the device away, as many smartphones contain toxic metals that can be harmful to the environment. Before recycling the device, remember to wipe the phone clean from any private or sensitive information, and be sure to back up any files, photos, music, and notes on the device to the iCloud, your computer, or storage drive.
- Use it as a music player – The phone may not be good for calls any longer, but it makes for a great music player. Hook it up to a docking station with speakers or use it with headphones while you work out. Also, apps like Pandora will still be accessible via wifi, so now you can play your music, but keep your new phone in your pocket.
- GPS navigator – Another tip is to keep the old phone in your car to serve as a GPS navigation device. You’ll be glad you have it if you’re in need of directions. Not to mention that it’s small enough to fit in the center console or glove compartment.
Mobile gadget insurance brand, Protect Your Bubble, offers affordable and comprehensive smartphone insurance that provides coverage for unexpected events like theft, accidental damage, loss and breakdowns outside of the manufacturer's warranty period, with 24 hour replacement of the device. For more information, visit us.ProtectYourBubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for today’s modern consumer.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit us.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA