San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 10, 2012
Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, and Search Marketing Expo today launched the 5th Annual "SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest,” the popular quiz-based contest that tests search marketers’ industry knowledge. More than 2,000 marketers participated in last year’s challenge and with the contest expanding to include Australia this year, the competition reaches new heights. The contest has become more difficult and competitive over the last five years mirroring the search industry's increasing complexity and dramatic growth.
- The SMX Biggest Search Geek contest sponsored by Marin Software is open to anyone willing to test their SEM chops with 20 tough questions about search marketing on topics ranging from ad bidding, quality score, history of search, SEO, Facebook, mobile, and retargeting.
- The contest runs from Dec 10, 2012—Feb 15, 2013 at 11:59pm PST. The first-place winner will win an all-expense paid trip for two to San Jose, California for the 2013 SMX West conference to be held March 11-13, 2013.
- The winner will be presented with an award on stage by SMX producer Danny Sullivan and Marin Software VP of Marketing Matt Lawson. This year, the winner will also receive an Apple iPad Mini. Second- and third-place winners will also win Apple iPad Minis. The top 10 finishers receive a 6-month premium member subscription to Search Engine Land, and the top 50 entrants will receive a search geek recognition award as well as a limited edition t-shirt.
- Last year, more than 2,000 search marketing professionals participated in the contest. The winner of last year’s contest won with a score of 90% in 24 minutes with the runner up also scoring 90% but in 27 minutes.
- “It’s that time of year again, where search marketers have the chance to showcase their SEM expertise and be recognized for it,” said Matt Lawson, VP of Marketing at Marin Software. “We made no exceptions to the toughness of this year’s SMX Biggest Search Geek contest. To make this year more interesting have opened the contest up to include not just the US and UK but Australia as well.”
- “I’m aiming to do something never done before and repeat as the winner of the Biggest Search Geek contest,” said Tomislav Maric, Director of Performance Marketing at Beeby, Clark+Meyler. “I’ve been brushing up on my Adwords and adCenter knowledge, my algorithms, and campaign management tricks. I look forward to setting the bar once again.”
About SMX Social Media Marketing and Third Door Media:
The Search Marketing Expo - SMX conference series is produced by Third Door Media, Inc. Third Door Media's mission is to empower internet and search marketing professionals by providing trusted content and community services they need to be successful. Search Marketing Expo conferences are held around the world and include: SMX West (San Jose, CA), SMX East (New York City), SMX Advanced (Seattle, WA and London, England), SMX Munich, SMX Toronto, SMX Sydney, SMX Melbourne, SMX Paris, SMX Stockholm, SMX Israel and SMX Social Media Marketing (Scottsdale, AZ).
About Marin Software:
Marin Software provides the leading digital ad management platform used by advertisers and agencies to manage more than $4 billion in annualized ad investments. Offering an integrated platform for search, social, display, and mobile marketing, Marin helps advertisers and agencies improve financial performance, save time, and make better decisions. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices worldwide, Marin's technology powers marketing campaigns in more than 160 countries. For more information, please visit: http://www.marinsoftware.com.