The end result is that you have to take action and do things right. You have to give people a legitimate reason to visit your site, stay there, and tell their friends about it. The best way to do that is to hire a professional.
Perth, Western Australia (PRWEB) December 11, 2012
Recently, Perth SEO firm Oracle Digital Director of Operations Clint Maher gave readers a wealth of free information in a post called “7 Tips to Crushing Your Online Competition—Standing Out in a Crowded Marketplace.”
Maher wrote the post in reaction to hearing owners of companies who have been on the Internet since the beginning of Internet marketing lament that newcomers are creating huge online presences and eating into their market shares. Maher suggests that, while anger is understandable, it is more effective to fight back and take steps to dominate the marketplace again.
To that end, Maher offers seven tips to help those who are losing the battle for “virtual real estate” to regain their market share.
1. Appoint yourself as the expert. Maher points out that everyone who has ever made it big in any field has appointed themselves as the expert, because nobody else will do it for you.
2. Use multiple media to communicate with customers. Maher suggests not only text, but audio, video, and images. This allows customers of any learning style to process the information.
3. Look outside your own industry. To truly stand out, it is necessary to do things differently than everyone else.
4. Positioning. Maher uses this phrase a bit differently than most who use the concept. He never mentions the “80/20 rule” but recommends positioning one’s product or service to avoid the 20% who cause most of the problems and provide the lowest ROI.
5. Be found on Google. It now takes a different skill set to reach page one of Google’s rankings. Maher suggests hiring a professional, rather than risk being punished by Google.
6. Social media. Maher points out that, while a business owner might have no time for social media, it is an essential medium and cannot be ignored.
7. Love your customers. Maher affirms his belief that businesses that love their customers and treat them as such usually do a lot better in the market for various reasons.
At the end of the post, as in the beginning, Maher reminded readers that those who complain, but do nothing more, are going to be outperformed by those who take action. If the advice wasn’t so solid, the post would be seen as “controversial,” but most experienced Internet marketers know that the advice is consistent with success online.
Maher is firm in his belief: “Digital marketing has changed a lot since the beginning. When the Internet first became popular, a business could slap up a small website, say “look at me,” and find themselves on page one of search engines with minimal work. As more and more businesses decided to develop an Internet presence, the sheer numbers made it more difficult. Savvy webmasters learned how to game the search engines, and put into motion a constant battle in which search engines try to keep businesses honest.”
Maher concluded, “The end result is that you have to take action and do things right. You have to give people a legitimate reason to visit your site, stay there, and tell their friends about it. The best way to do that is to hire a professional.”
Oracle Digital is a Perth digital marketing company that specialises in ranking your website on page one of Google. Visit their website for more information or to view the entire post: http://www.oracledigital.com.au/. You may also call them at 1300 899 851 for a consultation.