(PRWEB) December 12, 2012
The file extension 001, 002, and 003 are all part of a split archive, which is a compressed file that is capable of splitting large volume files into smaller ones that are easier to manage. The files are organized into a succession of archives represented by a numeric extension such as 001, 002, and 003.
File extension 001, 002, and 003 are created using a file joiner and splitter program, which provides a way to combine files by splitting them into different parts. This means that the files are part of a succession of files within the Split Archive format such as file.001, file.002, file.003, file.004, file.005 and so on.
In order to open and extract the contents of a Split Archive File, it is necessary to use all parts of the file sequence to extract the contents. In other words, the parts of file extension 003 cannot be extracted without including the 001 and 002 file extensions.
File Extension 001, 002, and 003 Split Archive Utility Software
There is a variety of split archive utility software that can be used to open 001, 002, and 003 files, including programs that are designed to open common compressed file formats.
- StuffIt Deluxe: StuffIt Deluxe is produced by Smith Micro and is a compression utility application that is capable of handling common compressed archives as well as split archive file formats. For a Windows-based PC, the 2010 version of Smith Micro StuffIt Deluxe can be used. For Mac OS X, the 2011 version of StuffIt Deluxe can be used. Both programs are available on the Smith Micro StuffIt website.
- HJSplit: HJSplit is an open source freeware split archive utility application which allows splitting and recombining compressed archives. HJSplit is capable of supporting large volume archives and is used to backup large files in addition to compressing the files for easier transmission over the Internet. HJSplit is created by Freebyte and is available for download on the HJSplit.org website. HJSplit is multiplatform and is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and the Linux operating system.
- Split and Concat: This is a file splitting application that works with Mac OS 10.5, 10.6 Snow Leopard, and higher. Split and Concat can be used to split large files and create a split compressed archive or concat a group of files. The application is available on the Split and Concat website.
- 001 File Manager: 001 File Manager is a freeware application for joining, splitting, merging, and dividing large files up to 8191 PB. The application is compatible with the Windows operating system version XP and higher and is available for download on the CNET and Softpedia websites.
- SplitJoin: SplitJoin is a split archive utility that works with the Windows operating system. It can be used to split and rejoin files to break up large files into smaller parts that are manageable. SplitJoin is an unpaid utility that comes with full Delphi source code and can be downloaded on the AngusSJ website.
The 001 extension as well as the file extension 002 and 003 contain any type of data, including text documents, audio, media, and other types of file formats. The format was originally used to maximize the storage space on floppy disks and CDs and is still used with current storage methods to manage large volumes of data.