Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) December 12, 2012
Connecting people through mobile video sharing, Viddy today announced availability of its native Android mobile video app.
Using Viddy, consumers can use their iPhones, iPads, iPods or Android-based phones and tablets such as LG’s Nexus 4, Samsung’s Nexus 10 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 to easily create, beautify and share mobile videos.
Viddy Android Mobile Video App Features Include:
- 10 video effects built and optimized for Android to help beautify and customize Viddys
- 16 soundtracks that make Viddys more engaging, including titles from major artists Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen, Nine Inch Nails, Ellie Goulding and Snoop Dogg
- Install additional sharing services with Android, including Google+, Facebook Messenger, Weibo, and Orkut (in addition to already existing sharing to Facebook, Twitter, via email and SMS)
- Ability to watch and engage with other content while uploading Viddys
- Intuitive design that takes advantage of Android’s built-in HD cameras
- Support for 757 Android-based smartphones and tablets in 136 countries and 16 different languages
Expanding the Viddy Community
With more than half of all smartphone owners using Android devices, Viddy for Android expands the community of Viddyographers to the tens of millions of consumers using Android-based smartphones and tablets while making it easier than ever to share beautiful videos with friends and family.
Designing a Mobile Video App for Android
“Google’s Android-based OS is a great technology but developing an optimal social mobile video app proved to be a complex process. Different form factors, different versions of the operating system, challenges in accessing hardware acceleration for editing were just a few of the hurdles,” said Brett O’Brien, co-founder and CEO of Viddy. “Viddy is the only company to overcome these challenges and bring to market an app that provides a great user experience.”
With more than 1.3 million new Android devices activated each day, Viddy made it a priority to deliver a best–in-class mobile video app experience that maintained the intuitive design and user interface of Viddy for iOS, but still conformed to the myriad of Android smartphones and tablets. Viddy for Android app is optimized for some of the unique capabilities of the Android OS, but more importantly it provides users a great experience and easy way for them to easily create, beautify and share videos.
Viddy for Android is available now for smartphones and tablets such as LG’s Nexus 4, Samsung’s Nexus 10 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 and can be downloaded for free from Google Play. Viddy for Android is available in 16 languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Tagalog.
Viddy is a mobile video app designed to connect people through video by giving them the power to easily create, beautify and share short videos with friends and family with their mobile phones and tablets. Initially launched for iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad and iPod, the app is now also available for Android smartphones and tablets. Many developers are also utilizing the Viddy API to incorporate mobile social video into their app experiences.