As runners and triathletes, we understand the wear and tear athletic-themed jewelry goes through... That’s why we wanted to share some helpful jewelry care pointers – especially in time for giving and receiving holiday gifts.
Hobe Sound, FL (PRWEB) December 18, 2012
Women’s jewelry retailer Inspired Endurance known nationwide for their popular and exclusive runner jewelry, marathon jewelry, and unique athletic-themed designs, shares helpful jewelry care tips just in time for the holiday season to keep sterling silver and gold jewelry gifts looking beautiful for years to come.
“As runners and triathletes, we understand the wear and tear athletic-themed jewelry goes through,” notes Inspired Endurance founder, Marie Scholl. “I love wearing my triathlon pendant necklace when I run but I take it off if I’m swimming in chlorinated or salt water. We recognize how important bead bracelets and necklaces bearing race tags, marathon distances and inspirational words are to the women who participate in triathlons, marathons and other race events. That’s why we wanted to share some helpful jewelry care pointers – especially in time for giving and receiving holiday gifts,” Marie adds.
Inspired Endurance’s Sterling Silver Jewelry Care Recommendations:
- Sterling silver can tarnish and/or develop a cloudy appearance over time. Silver lovers can make jewelry look shiny and new by using silver polishing cloths after the piece is worn. Inspired Endurance recommends and sells Sunshine Mini Polishing Cloths. ($4.50 at InspiredEndurance.com.) Gently use this or another high quality cloth to keep sterling silver jewelry looking brand new.
- Do not wear sterling silver in chlorinated water. Depending on the chemicals in the pool, silver can turn black and jewelry will be ruined. Also avoid salt water.
- To keep sterling silver jewelry clean and lessen its exposure to chemicals, put it on after applying make-up, spray perfume or hairspray.
- To prevent scratches, store silver items away from other metal jewelry.
- Storing silver pieces separately in a small plastic zip seal bag or tarnish prevention bag keeps air out and slows down tarnishing.
- Never use silver cleansing dips for jewelry that has gemstones as this may quickly lead to the stone deteriorating.
Inspired Endurance’s Gold Jewelry Care Recommendations:
- Gold jewelry is tarnish-resistant but it can get dirty or smudged and should be periodically cleaned with a mild detergent or ammonia solution (1 part ammonia to 6 parts water). Clean pieces that do not contain soft gemstones, crystals or pearls by placing them into warm sudsy water containing a few small drops of mild dishwashing liquid and rub the piece gently with a cotton swab.
- For gold pieces with filigree designs, use a soft brush to gently clean the intricate design; use a soft baby toothbrush to gently clean under stones.
- After cleaning, rinse and wipe gold jewelry using a cotton cloth. (Avoid paper products as they may scratch the surface.) Let the piece completely air dry before putting it away.
- If gold still looks dark, take the piece to a jeweler who can advise whether it can be cleaned with an ultrasonic, steam, or ionic cleaner. (Note: Professional ultrasonic machines heat the cleaning solution, making them more effective than small machines sold for home use.)
Those purchasing Inspired Endurance jewelry can take advantage of their special free Jewelry Tune Up Policy. Contact them for shipping arrangements, then send the piece back to be polished, buffed, or restrung to make it look like new. With Inspired Endurance’s 100% satisfaction guarantee, customer’s can enjoy worry-free purchases as the company will fix or replace any item it sells.
Inspired Endurance jewelry is worn by thousands of seasoned and novice female fitness enthusiasts in the USA and abroad. The company’s exclusive race, runner, marathon, triathlon, and inspirational jewelry reflect a feminine yet strong attitude. Extensive jewelry collections include race charms such as 13.1 charms and half marathon jewelry, beads that fit Pandora bracelets, silver and cord bracelets, necklaces, earrings and other selections that highlight the goals and triumphs of female athletes.
See Inspired Endurance's jewelry and take advantage of always free shipping, free gift-wrap and free engraving (perfect for the holidays!) at http://www.inspiredendurance.com
About Inspired Endurance
Founded in 2007 by triathlete Marie Scholl, Florida-based Inspired Endurance, online retailers of America's best selling runner's jewelry, believes in offering high quality sports and fitness themed jewelry and accessories that are both expertly crafted and fairly priced. Their exclusive lines include a diverse selection of Sterling silver custom designed beads, charms, bracelets and necklaces. Primarily retailing online, the company also sells and exhibits at marathons and expos throughout the year including Disney's Princess Half-Marathon and select Diva Half Marathon and See Jane Run Events. Learn more at http://www.inspiredendurance.com