Denver, CO (PRWEB) December 13, 2012
Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) today announced its 2013 Annual Conference keynote speaker lineup. IMCA’s Annual Conference—the association’s largest event of the year—takes place April 28-May 1 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. In addition to these keynote presenters, breakout sessions feature professors from Yale, Princeton, and The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Conference keynote speakers are:
- Dan Ariely, James B. Duke Professor of Behavioral Economics at Duke University and author of New York Times bestsellers "Predictably Irrational" and "The Upside of Irrationality." In his ethics-focused presentation, "The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty," Dr. Ariely will discuss why some things are easier to lie about, how getting caught matters less than we think, and how business practices pave the way for unethical behavior―both intentionally and unintentionally.
- Neil Borofsky, former Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP), and adjunct professor and senior fellow at the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law and the Mitchell Jacobson Leadership Program on Law and Business. Mr. Barofsky will outline causes of and responses to the financial crisis―from Congress, the President, and Wall Street―and discuss the logic that led to the formation of the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP).
- Anil Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Global Strategy and Entrepreneurship at the Smith School of Business, The University of Maryland at College Park. One of the world’s leading experts on strategy and globalization, Dr. Gupta will share his insight about why too many in the financial services industry are blind to the ongoing transformation of the global economy and the real opportunities and challenges resulting from this transformation.
- William Shipman, former delegate to the White House Conference on Social Security and chairman of CarriageOaks Partners LLC, a Massachusetts-based consulting firm specializing in retirement finance. In his presentation, "Social Security Reform: An Unprecedented Global Challenge," Mr. Shipman will examine the history of large government entitlement programs, explain how Social Security reached such a critical point, address factors that drive the escalating problem, and examine potential solutions.
- Meir Statman, Glenn Klimek Professor of Finance at the Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University and a visiting professor at Tilburg University in the Netherlands. In his presentation, "What Investors Really Want: Lessons from Behavioral Finance," Statman outlines how identification of investors’ wants and distinction between wants, cognitive errors, and misleading emotions matter to all investment professionals—from financial advisors to plan sponsors and money managers.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Distinguished Professor of Risk Engineering at New York University Polytechnic Institute and the author of "The Black Swan." A former derivatives trader, he is known for a multidisciplinary approach to the role of the high-impact rare event—across economics, philosophy, political science, finance, engineering, and history. His session is titled, "Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder."
- Meredith Whitney, called “The Oracle of Wall Street” by Bloomberg, and chief executive officer of Meredith Whitney Advisory Group, LLC, a macro and strategy-driven investment research firm. In October 2007, she made one of the most controversial and highly publicized calls in Wall Street history ahead of the financial crisis. During her session, Ms. Whitney will offer her insight into our economic situation and explain how we can recover from the issues that even Wall Street struggles to understand.
Featuring completely peer-reviewed content, IMCA’s conferences are highly regarded; more than 1,500 advanced investment advisors and wealth managers attended the 2012 Annual Conference in National Harbor, Maryland. Visit http://www.IMCAAnnualConference.org for addition conference details.
IMCA offers accredited media members a complimentary conference registration. Contact Ryan Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Established in 1985, IMCA is a nonprofit professional association and credentialing organization with more than 8,700 individual members. IMCA members collectively manage more than $1.6 trillion on behalf of 1.3 million clients, providing investment consulting and wealth management services to individual and institutional clients. Since 1988, IMCA has offered the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) certification, which earned accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in April 2011, making it the first financial services credential in the United States to meet international standards (ISO 17024) for personnel certification. IMCA’s Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification is suited for wealth management professionals working with high-net-worth clients. In 2011, IMCA conferences and workshops hosted more than 4,000 attendees.
IMCA® and Investment Management Consultants Association® are registered trademarks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. CIMA®, Certified Investment Management Analyst®, CIMC®, CPWA®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® are registered certification marks of Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. Investment Management Consultants Association Inc. does not discriminate in educational opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.