(PRWEB UK) 17 December 2012
Protect Your Bubble, travel insurance company, knows the U.K. has great holiday destinations for the Christmas season. Curious travellers looking for places to visit should check out these great places. In no particular order, here are ten great spots.
1. Edinburgh – A visual feast, Edinburgh pulls out all of the stops for the Christmas season. The city turns into Santa’s personal disco from all of the lights. Early in December Edinburgh’s streets plays host to the Santa Run, raising money for a worthy charity. There is also the East Princes Street Garden ice rink, fairground rides and festive food and drinks, including mulled wine.
2. London – The capitol is abuzz with Christmas. Trafalgar Square has carols and lights, and Oxford Circus is like walking into a set for a Christmas movie and late December a well known celebrity will be switching on the spectacular lights. Hyde Park hosts Winter Wonderland a festive attraction featuring German Market themed watering holes, circus rides and big top and of course ice skating.
3. Centre Parks – Each of the four major parks, Whinfell Village, Elevdon Forest, Sherwood Forest and Longleat offer packages and top accommodations. Family friendly or just partners, it is an excellent value for the money. The Parks transform during the Christmas period with reindeer, twinkling lights and Santa’s Woodland Workshop.
4. Southwold – English seaside destination, find traditional hospitality and local history. The local restaurants menus change weekly with festive themes and the town square becomes a market with drummers and carol singing. And if it snows the picture perfect hutted beaches look glorious.
5. Bournemouth – In the Dorset countryside, the life is years away from the Big Smoke. Thin crowds, a great market and hills and beaches open for the occasional stroll when weather permits. The town centre high street is transformed in to a German Market with beers, bratwursts and garlic mushrooms on offer.
6. York – If the family has not been, it is a must see destination. Museums, markets and speciality sites are matched to the spectacular countryside. Bring winter attire and be ready to hike in the hills. If the hills don’t appeal the quaint cobbled shopping streets are a great place to find Christmas presents.
7. Peak District – Find fresh air in winter in an area that makes people think of Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. Return to the days before the tube, high rise buildings and automobiles for festive themed walks, treasure trails and specialist food and gift fares.
8. Railway to Scottish Highlands – Start in Glasgow or Edinburgh and take a rail to unnamed lochs, fields and some of Scotland’s most beautiful views. Food, lodging and some entertainment is included in the trip.
9. Lincoln – Local history and the second highest cathedral in the U.K. match a market of local cuisine and crafts. One of the best urban locations in the U.K., check out the Norman Castle while there.
10. Rochester – A Christmas Carol and the final resting place of its author, Charles Dickens, the city honours its native son with a full Christmas extravaganza. Relive the days of Victorian Christmas.
No matter what the plans, travel insurance is a wise idea. Snow and other winter conditions can mean delays and cancellations. Protect Your Bubble offers travel insurance for those who are away for Christmas Holiday and makes sure the Christmas is one to remember for the right reasons.
About Protect Your Bubble
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, Protect your bubble is a specialist gadget insurer that offering a wide range of gadget insurance products as well as travel insurance, car hire excess insurance, smartphone insurance and more, all at great value prices.
Travel Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/travel-insurance/
Car Hire Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/carhire-insurance/
Multi Trip Travel Insurance - uk.protectyourbubble.com/multi-trip-insurance.html
Find Us On: