Frankfurt, Germany (PRWEB UK) 18 December 2012
Styrolution is restructuring its regional distributor network for its Specialties portfolio in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The reorganization of its distribution channels in the region comes just over a year after the company made its debut on the market as the largest global supplier of styrenics, with leading positions in styrene monomer, styrenic Specialties, polystyrene and acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). With this move, Styrolution aims to better serve customers, extend its geographical reach and strengthen its leading market position in EMEA.
- Styrolution will consolidate distributor networks for its Specialty products in EMEA inherited from its three heritage companies. At the same time, it will align these networks with its Specialty portfolio business model.
- The company has selected partners based upon their ability to best serve customers with regards to technical, industry and market segment expertise, service and logistics capabilities, and geographical competencies.
- The streamlined distributor landscape will enable Styrolution to dedicate additional resources to support partners in addressing customer needs through improved transfer of product knowledge, supply chain optimization and market-driven pricing models.
Specialists for Styrolution Specialties in EMEA
- Styrolution has significantly consolidated the number of distributors for its high-performance Specialty products in EMEA to two strategic partners, Albis and Ultrapolymers, who will serve as one-stop shops for Styrolution’s Specialty grades in the region.
- Both Albis and Ultrapolymers offer extensive regional sales coverage, technical know-how, customer service, and logistics capabilities, as well as deep product and market segment expertise.
- Albis and Ultrapolymers also provide local compounding, making it possible to offer customers smaller order sizes.
- Albis will have an exclusive arrangement for Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, the Benelux countries, Scandinavia and the Baltic states, while Ultrapolymers’ territory will cover Italy, Portugal and Spain. Both companies will jointly serve Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia and the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Styrolution’s Specialty products are copolymers and specialty ABS grades that are used in a variety of market applications where characteristics, such as pre-coloring, UV stability and chemical resistance are required. These products include brands, such as Luran®, Luran S, Luran SC, Luran HH, Terblend® N, Terlux®, NAS®, Zylar®, Styrolux®/Styroflex® and Novodur® (ABS Specialty grades).
Rob Buntinx, vice president styrenic Specialties EMEA, Styrolution: “I am confident the alignment of our distributor network in EMEA will translate into even greater value for customers in the region. Specialties customers across each of our key market segments and geographies will now have Albis and Ultrapolymers as two, one-stop-shops for the whole range of Styrolution’s Specialty portfolio.”
Dr. Alexander Sunder, director distribution, Albis: “We are very pleased to have been acknowledged as one of Styrolution’s strategic distribution partners for Styrolution Specialty products in EMEA. Not only will this enable us to further strengthen our spectrum of specialized copolymers to our customers but it will also help us expand our own footprint by opening up additional business opportunities in new and existing market segments.”
Filip Van Camfort, director, Ultrapolymers: “Ultrapolymers prides itself on offering best-of-breed products from top industry suppliers like Styrolution. We are confident that this expansion of our existing partnership will strengthen our overall polymer offering and help us to even better serve customers in the region.”
Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, styrenic specialties, and ABS. As a joint venture of BASF and INEOS, Styrolution combines the key styrenic assets of two of the largest chemical companies in the world, with world-class production facilities, complementary competencies and portfolios, and more than 80 years of experience. Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electrical/electronics, building and construction, household appliances, toys/sports/leisure, packaging, healthcare and diagnostics. In 2011, pro forma sales were at 6.6 billion euros, resulting in an EBITDA before special items of 317 million euros. Styrolution employs about 3,400 people and operates 17 production sites in ten countries.
For further information please visit http://www.styrolution.com.
The data and information contained in this document are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable, but shall not be part of the terms and conditions of sale of any Styrolution products. As many factors can affect product application and performance, each Styrolution customer must determine for itself, by conducting appropriate tests or other methods, whether a Styrolution product is suitable for their needs. STYROLUTION MAKES NO WRITTEN, ORAL, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN, THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM THEIR USE, OR THE ACCURACY OR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS CONTAINED HEREIN. STYROLUTION SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.