Charlotte, N.C. (PRWEB) December 19, 2012
Harris Teeter believes in giving back to the communities in which it is located, and during its 2012 fiscal year, the company donated over $9.1 million to various nonprofit organizations in its marketing areas as well as 3.7 million pounds of food to its Feeding America partner agencies.
Harris Teeter proudly supports nonprofit organizations in its communities and established its corporate giving programs around certain core tenants: feeding the hungry, sponsoring youth sports organizations, supporting United Way and assisting in disaster relief efforts. Harris Teeter also supports schools through its program called Together in Education.
Highlights from Harris Teeter’s 2012 community programs include:
- Over $2 million to nonprofit organizations through Community Cares Associate Giving Campaign
- Over $1.6 million to schools through Together in Education
- Over $800,000 to Wounded Warrior Project™ and USO
- Over $800,000 to food bank partner agencies through a combination of events, donation card campaigns and in-kind gifts
- Over $750,000 raised by the Salvation Army during its annual Kettle Campaign in front of Harris Teeter stores
Harris Teeter would like to thank its generous shoppers and vendors for support of its giving programs and looks forward to growing relationships with its nonprofit partners in 2013.
About Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter Inc., with headquarters in Matthews, N.C., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. (NYSE: HTSI). Harris Teeter is the 24th largest supermarket in the U.S. with 2011 sales of $4.29 billion. The regional grocery chain employs approximately 25,000 associates and operates stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Maryland, Delaware, Florida and the District of Columbia.