The average residence hall could save more than $12,000 per year and cut the amount of time needed to manage packages by as much as 75 percent or more.
Orlando, Fla. (PRWEB) December 20, 2012
Orlando-based US Postal Solutions announced the launch of PackageLog, LLC, an extremely intuitive package management software solution that will reduce the time and money spent on managing deliveries to residence halls, apartment communities, corporate or institutional campuses or any central receiving/mail room. Prices start at just $29/month.
“The average residence hall could save more than $12,000 per year and cut the amount of time needed to manage packages by as much as 75 percent or more,” said PackageLog President and CEO Craig Meddin. “Further, it is providing a valuable convenience to residents or others receiving packages.”
PackageLog is entirely cloud-based and may be accessed from any existing device, including a desktop or laptop computer, tablet or mobile. Staff need only to quickly enter a package into the system, and the software takes care of the rest. Recipients are alerted by email and text message that a package has arrived and is awaiting pick-up.
Residents can view packages waiting and previously delivered via a secure back-end, and the “Mail is Ready/Not Ready” feature limits unnecessary calls to office staff. PackageLog also accounts for length of time packages are held on-site and will automatically move them to be Returned-To-Sender or Forwarded.
An independent US Postal Solutions survey revealed that college students receive 21 packages per year on average. Based on that information:
- A 1,000-bed property would receive on average 21,000 packages per year.
- It takes an estimated four to six minutes per package for receipt, logging, storing, retrieving, delivering and signing out.
- At 21,000 packages at 5 minutes each, staff would spend about 105,000 minutes per year or 1,750 hours per year on accepting, storing and handing out packages to residents alone.
- At an estimated $9 per hour, this time costs $15,750 per year (1,750 hours multiplied by hourly rate). This does not account for additional time dealing with missing packages or inquiries.
- PackageLog can cut that time by 75 percent or more, saving businesses as much as 1,300 hours or about $12,000 per year.
Additional features add ample flexibility for customers’ needs:
- Scalable enterprise software allowing for unlimited Users and Recipients
- Add or restrict permissions based on User type (control function access)
- Time zone scheduling for worldwide accessibility
For more information, visit PackageLog online at http://www.packagelog.com.