Barcelona, Spain (PRWEB) December 26, 2012
This year has seen the consolidation of the sharing economy and the boom in the home exchange industry across the world. Discover the 7 most important facts of home exchange in 2012:
1. Knok leads the growth by reaching out to members in 75% of the world's countries. In just one year, families from 147 countries have joined the home exchange trend.
2. Renters are becoming swappers. 36% of home swappers used to be renters who have realized the economical advantages involved in swapping.
3. Europe leads the market by becoming the continent with the highest share of new memberships. 54% of the members in a home swap community live in European countries.
4. South America and Asia are showing promising results. Though the concept is rather new in these two cultures, with globalization and the Internet reaching out to more people, concepts like home exchange are travelling around the world too.
5. The top cities for home exchanges in 2012 are: New York, Berlin, Paris, and Copenhagen.
6. Seniors become the second home exchange audience, after families with children.
7. Expectations for 2013: Spain, U.S.A. and U.K. are the countries most likely to grow significantly. The change of habits of the citizens has made way for a new lifestyle revolution.
With such positive results to close this 2012, the home swap community in Knok is looking forward to a fruitful 2013.