(PRWEB) December 19, 2012
InterAct™, a leading provider of cloud based public safety solutions, announced the winners of the 2012 “The Difference is You!” charity fundraiser. InterAct created the fundraiser as a precursor to the October announcement of SafeTown.org, a powerful suite of cloud and smart phone apps that help public safety agencies better connect with the citizens they serve.
The fundraiser invited public safety professionals across the nation to nominate their favorite charity for a chance to receive an award from InterAct’s charitable endowment.
“Many thanks go to all of the public safety professionals who participated in ‘The Difference Is You!’ fundraiser by nominating their favorite charities,” stated John McNulty, InterAct’s CEO. “We are honored to support the efforts of organizations that share our mission of ‘improving the safety and well-being of people and their communities’ and hope their achievements inspire others to make a difference in their communities.”
The awarded charities include:
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children http://www.missingkids.com, nominated by John Moran, Regional Communications Center Director in Cumberland County, ME
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation http://www.komen.org, nominated by Tiffany Walker of the San Diego CA Harbor Police Department
- Peace Place http://www.peaceplaceinc.org, nominated by Joseph Wirthman of the Jefferson County GA Police Department
- Indiana Special Olympics http://www.soindiana.org, nominated by Stephanie Stewart, Manager of Law Enforcement Torch Run, IN
- Navy Safe Harbor Foundation http://www.safeharborfoundation.org/ nominated by Brad Krull, United States Navy
Please visit http://blog.interact911.com/winners-of-the-2012-the-difference-is-you-charity-fundraiser for more information about the charity organizations and the agencies that nominated them.
InterAct develops modern applications which support dispatchers, first responders and correctional officers worldwide. Our interconnected applications bring the benefits of cloud computing to public safety and are more secure, more reliable, less costly, easier to use, and make data sharing and citizen-connections simple. By delivering the full benefits of cloud computing to public safety, InterAct helps customers achieve our shared mission of improving the safety and well-being of citizens and their communities. To learn more about our solutions, please visit us at http://www.interact911.com
SafeTown delivers services to the community via a community web portal and a family of smart phone apps. With SafeTown, citizens can create household profiles for first responders to use. Agencies can post alerts to all SafeTown subscribers in the community and citizens can report non-emergency problems or suspicious activity. Additionally, real time events and crime history can be viewed on a map, and authorities can publish information to the community about inmates in local correctional facilities. To learn more about SafeTown, please visit http://www.safetown.org.
For media inquiries, please contact pr(at)interact911.com.