A New Cycle Insurance Guide to Third Party Liability

Share Article

Third Party Liability cover is becoming an increasingly important part of day to day life, and can be especially important when cycling. The Cycle Insurance team have put together the following guide.

Third Party Liability for Cyclists

Third Party Liability Cover for Cyclists

Accidental damage to a vehicle could result in a large bill for the repair of the damage

Cycle Insurance has several different aspects to each policy, one of which is Third Party Liability.

This section of specialist cycle insurance helps with legal costs and compensation for any injury or damage that is caused by a cyclist to any third party, whether that is a pedestrian, a vehicle, or property such as a fence or gate.

Accidently colliding with a pedestrian whilst cycling could result in a serious injury or even death. Although a cyclist is not likely to be travelling as fast as a car, there are still a lot of areas on a bicycle that can cause injuries to any pedestrian hit or clipped accidently or by someone not cycling carefully. Even with the best intentions, accidents do happen; if someone were to run across in front of a cyclist or trip and fall unexpectedly then it could result in a hefty compensation bill.

Accidental damage to a vehicle could result in a large bill for the repair of the damage if the cyclist is found to be at fault. For instance, scratching the bicycle pedal along a parked car or colliding with a moving vehicle, as well as the cost of compensation to the driver if they were injured

Some vehicles can cost a lot of money to repair even a small scratch. A top of the range sports car with damage to a custom paintjob could mean a bill reaching into thousands of pounds. The third party liability section of specialist cycle insurance would help towards this. Without the benefit of this cover, the costs of repair may need to be paid directly by the cyclist.

If a cyclist were to crash into someone’s garden fence and damage or break the panels, or in any way damage another person’s property, then the same would apply as with the vehicle example above. This is called Third Party Property Damage, and is usually also included in the third party liability cover offered by specialist cycle insurance.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Cycle Insurance
Interweb Media Ltd
01483 347 353
Email >
Visit website