The Wisconsin insurance agents at Wright Insurance advise local businesses how to use holiday decorations to their advantage in thwarting potential burglars.
Janesville, Wisconsin (PRWEB) December 20, 2012
Recently, a Wisconsin business reported a burglary – only there was no burglar inside, just holiday decorations setting off the alarm. While some may say it’s better to be safe than sorry, others may argue that this is a situation that could have been easily avoided – a hassle better off without. The Wisconsin insurance agents at Wright Insurance advise local businesses how to use holiday decorations to their advantage in thwarting potential burglars.
While holiday decorations can certainly cause a ruckus such as in the instance above, they can also be used as preventative measures. The insurance agents at Wright Insurance want to help business owners make the best use of their decorations this season.
Holiday Décor Risks:
- Candles – can cause a fire if left unattended
- Trees and lights – if used improperly, can lead to injury or fire
- Hanging décor – if hung too high or close to alarm systems, can trigger a false alarm
Holiday Décor Rewards:
- Lights – while a potential danger, these decorations can be useful in keeping an area well lit and thus ward off burglars
- Musical décor – often this type of décor is motion activated and can alert a business owner that someone is inside
- Lawn décor – makes it very inconvenient for a burglar looking to quickly enter or escape the premises
Holiday decorating may be part of spreading the cheer of the season. It’s also useful as a precautionary measure in thwarting theft and burglaries. If an unwanted holiday burglary were to occur, however, businesses need to be protected with the right Illinois or Wisconsin business insurance. Wright Insurance shops multiple carriers to find the most comprehensive, yet affordable business insurance available so local businesses are not left to foot the bill when unwanted burglaries occur.
Businesses in Illinois or Wisconsin with questions or concerns about their business insurance policy or using holiday décor safely can give Wright Insurance a call for more information.
About Wright Insurance:
Wright Insurance is a full-service independent insurance agency with offices in Beloit and Janesville, Wisconsin. Founded in 1914, the agency prides itself in its personal and professional philosophy, working with customers all over Wisconsin and Illinois. The agents at Wright Insurance are experts in insurance and can offer customers affordable and comprehensive options for all of their insurance needs, including: auto, home, life and business insurance.