With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s important to remember to protect your home from burglars. The less enticing your home looks, the better off you’ll be.
Lincoln, RI (PRWEB) December 27, 2012
The holidays are a time of giving, but they also can be a time of taking. Burglars are often on the prowl at this time of year, so Amica Insurance is offering a few tips to help keep your home safe, especially when you’re out of town.
“With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s important to remember to protect your home from burglars,” said Mike Gillerlane, a senior assistant vice president with Amica Insurance. “The less enticing a home looks, the better off you’ll be.”
Amica Insurance is offering the following tips to help keep homes secure during the holidays:
- Use a variable timer to activate lights inside.
- Trim trees and shrubs near entry points, so that burglars can’t take cover in the shadows.
- Install deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- Lock up ladders and other tools that could help burglars break in.
- Think like a burglar would. Check the home for easy access points and take the necessary precautions.
- Work with neighbors to establish a watch program.
“You can never be too careful when it comes to protecting your home and all the valuables inside,” Gillerlane said. “Make sure you do the things to help win the battle over burglars this holiday season.”
About Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation's oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, with corporate headquarters in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of automobile, homeowners, marine and personal umbrella liability insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,100 people in 40 offices across the country.
Contact: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.