Keystone, Colo. (PRWEB) December 22, 2012
SummitCove.com Lodging believes that being 'green' is good for everyone! It is a corporate responsibility to practice environmental sustainability and keep the planet clean and healthy for many more years to come.
Recently, SummitCove.com upgraded its entire line of toiletries to an earth-friendly line that is packaged in recyclable cardboard sleeves rather than individual plastic bottles. The formulas contain all-natural fragrances and are 100% biodegradable. The packaging uses the latest in environmentally-friendly materials including PCR (Post-Consumer Recycled) materials, water-based and soy-based inks. All packages and soaps are made in the U.S.A. The new facial tissues, bathroom tissue and paper towels are all 100% premium recycled with no added bleaches or fragrances.
In addition to the new green hotel amenities, the SummitCove staff thinks green throughout their day to day operations as well. Below are a few examples of everyday practices that highlight their commitment to sustainability.
- There are recycling receptacles in most condo buildings and public spaces for guests and employees to dispose of papers, cardboard, plastic, aluminum, and glass throughout Keystone Resort
- Light bulbs, batteries, and electronic equipment from their office and properties are always recycled
- SummitCove uses 100% recycled copy paper for its everyday printing needs
- There are recycling bins in all office areas for team members to recycle appropriate materials such as boxers, paper, and soda bottles
- Printer toner and ink cartridges are recycled
- SummitCove orders recycled products as often as possible and when available
- Guests are asked to return their keys at the end of their stay so the keycards can be reused
Conservation – Waste Reduction
- SummitCove guests are encouraged to re-use linens and towels to lower energy costs and water use
- Reservation confirmations and receipts are sent electronically, reducing paper waste
- Computer equipment is turned off when not in use
- The heat is turned down when properties are vacant
- SummitCove stocks green cleaning products in all of its properties
- Energy efficient light bulbs have been installed in some properties and continue to be as bulbs burn out
- The SummitCove Team practices carpooling to properties and jobs when possible
- SummitCove now carries an environmentally friendly amenity and product line
With over 300 vacation rental properties at Keystone Resort, SummitCove.com knows that going green can really make a difference. The entire team is committed to practicing environmental sustainability, which includes recycling, buying recycled and earth-friendly products, and working to reduce overall consumption and waste.
SummitCove.com has been providing Vacation Rental and Property Management services in the Keystone Resort area since 2001. Unlike other lodging companies, guests can pick the specific property they'd like to stay on based on size, budget, decor, location, amenities and sleeping arrangements. With a unique pool of over 290 properties ranging from studio suites to five bedroom homes, guests are sure to find their dream property when visiting Keystone Resort. Guests can also rest happy knowing that SummitCove.com uses earth-friendly products and is committed to environmental sustainability.