Seattle, WA (PRWEB) December 21, 2012
After the deep discounts of Black Friday, shoppers may have thought those advertised “one-time savings” bargains would be gone forever, but retailers have returned many doorbusters to bookend the holidays.
Decide.com looked at 100 Black Friday deals from nine major retailers and found that 70 percent of Black Friday "doorbuster" deals have returned this week, with some prices even lower now than on Black Friday.
EXAMPLES: Here are four Black Friday "doorbusters" with lower prices this week than on Black Friday
Sharp 60" LED HDTV
Highly Rated 80/100 based on 122 user reviews
- Price before Black Friday: $999
- Black Friday advertised deal: $999
- 12/20 price: $949.99 from Best Buy
Dyson Ball Animal Upright Vacuum
Highly Rated 82/100 based on 1,500 user and expert reviews
- Price before Black Friday: $523
- Black Friday advertised deal: $449
- 12/19 (Wednesday) price: $429
- 12/20 (Thursday) a.m. price $479
- Price predicted to increase $60 in the next two weeks
(returning closer to its normal price)
Full overview, including rating information and pricing history (with graphs).
Dell Laser Printer
- Price before Black Friday: $97
- Black Friday advertised deal: $97
- 12/20 (Thursday) price: $93.24 from Buy.com
ASUS 32GB Nexus 7 Tablet
Highly Rated 93/100 based on 684 user reviews and 20 expert reviews
- Price before Black Friday: $249
- Black Friday advertised deal: $249
- 12/20 (Thursday) price: $243.95.99 from B&H Photo/Video
Decide is a team of technologists committed to providing objective, data-driven shopping advice. We take pride in being an unbiased shopping adviser, never taking money to recommend products. Our technology helps consumers find the highest rated products and predicts the best time to buy using billions of historical and real-time price points from thousands of online retailers.
Decide was co-founded by Internet search pioneer Prof. Oren Etzioni, founder of Farecast, the travel price predictor, and Netbot, the web's first comparison-shopping engine. The Seattle-based company has raised $8.5M in venture capital from Madrona Venture Group, Maveron and angel investors.
To follow Decide, visit the company's website (http://www.decide.com), blog, Facebook and Twitter.
Decide.com contact: Shauna Causey, shauna(at)decide(dot)com 206.612.7122